ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked Cam Lobe!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Took my head apart today to look for what i thought to be a failed tappet. But look what i found..

Photo007.jpg

Pretty sure this is the cause of the tap i was receiving, the tap was coming from in the same are i located the tap down to use a mechnics stephascope. Anybody hear of this happening on an F4R before?

Also is the dephaser pulley ment to have an front to back play in it?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Yeah i was pretty shocked to say the least.

Would love billet cams but because its a cup racer you cannot remap the ecu, and i cant afford cams, remap, and a new ecu right now. So standard renault cam it will have to be.

Any idea if this would be causing the tapping noise i have been receiving or could that be another problem?

ITB'd MK1
cat 420s are "standard" billet cams. Basically intended for motorsport use when you have to have standard, they're just the best you can have within tollerence

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
cat 420s are "standard" billet cams. Basically intended for motorsport use when you have to have standard, they're just the best you can have within tollerence

Yeah cheers i thought about 420's, but been as in the future im going to upgrade for higher lift items im going to buy a standard renault cam and put the money i would of spent on 420's towards the higher lift cams.