ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cr**py £500 1.2 Liberte + Crappy Camera = ...hmm

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Cr**py £500 1.2 Liberte + Cr**py Camera = ...hmm

So I got bored and was a little early for work, so I thought I'd stick some pictures up here. I apologise for the poor quality and terrible pics.. No really there cr*p!. It was my work car park and it was my Crappy phone camera :rasp:. Any ideas for modifications let me know I know it needs to be lowered, it needs real alloys not plastic wheel trims. Not sure what else to do to it really. I am not to into modding purely because of the insurance cost but I guess it won't increase to much and I can afford it :approve:. Thanks comments are welcome and remember this car cost £500 it is far from perfect as is my photography skills/camera!!! :p

imag0049h.jpg
imag0048of.jpg
imag0050eu.jpg
imag0047r.jpg
imag0046j.jpg
imag0045z.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
First car? Dont bother modding imo, wait and save the money till your insurance is slightly better.

You are correct :)! Fair enough that is a good point seeing as insurance for me is currently £3.2k a year :dead:!! lol

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
@t21ads Wow really? Haha its still going.. Just!! 10 Previous owners and 111,000 miles! Yeah!!!

@Daveski Yeah tell me about it its ridiculous!! That's probably what I'll do or just wait until I can get a 172.. :p

yeah registered new at renault wolves mate i remember the reg numbers of most cars from up there back in the day!!10 owners though!!!!no power steering no abs no electrics at all nout to go wrong winner!!!!

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
yeah registered new at renault wolves mate i remember the reg numbers of most cars from up there back in the day!!10 owners though!!!!no power steering no abs no electrics at all nout to go wrong winner!!!!

Haha that's awesome. Yeah, your right it honestly has nothing. It goes fine though, as long as it lasts me a couple of months I'm not to bothered!!

Your actually spending 3.2 k a year ??
How old are you?
Thats so much!

Yeah Steph!! Its ridiculous. I'm 17, 18 in like 16 days :rasp:. It's crazy, its £330 a month! Not cheap at all! :dead:

only thing to look out for is the air box on those tbh tdc sensor if you're unlucky.my moms just got rid of hers was w plated had 1 owner 53k and it never ever had anything go wrong with it.in fact i dont think it was ever serviced pmsl

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
only thing to look out for is the air box on those tbh tdc sensor if you're unlucky.my moms just got rid of hers was w plated had 1 owner 53k and it never ever had anything go wrong with it.in fact i dont think it was ever serviced pmsl

Haha lol mine could do with a good service unfortunately Renault quoted me £260 for a service. So not gonna happen!! I will do it myself! My airbox is dead anyway lol held together with sellotape can't get any better :rasp:. My Dad won't let me buy a new one lol. I hope my car stays together its got an MOT in March so I may have to save up some money for then!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
have you previously written off a number of cars? 3.2k is ridiculous, could you not get it lower?

but... you cant go wrong with a set of oem alloys, late dynamique alloys/ph2 172 alloys. if you must, dynamique/standard sport spoiler and youre onto a winner :)

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
have you previously written off a number of cars? 3.2k is ridiculous, could you not get it lower?

but... you cant go wrong with a set of oem alloys, late dynamique alloys/ph2 172 alloys. if you must, dynamique/standard sport spoiler and youre onto a winner :)

Haha no mate I am 17 this is the first car I have ever had and only car. 0 crashes ;) Yet, well i don't plan on it. I guess its because I am 17 and my 1.2 8V is all powerful with its 60 hp!!! :dead:

I would love to get some alloys on it and would like a spoiler to!! Just wondering what my insurance company would charge.. Surely it can't be much more expensive than it already is!

Haha lol mine could do with a good service unfortunately Renault quoted me £260 for a service. So not gonna happen!! I will do it myself! My airbox is dead anyway lol held together with sellotape can't get any better :rasp:. My Dad won't let me buy a new one lol. I hope my car stays together its got an MOT in March so I may have to save up some money for then!
lol good guess with the airbox then!!!theyre only about 13 quid anyway!

Run it til it dies then upgrade to something better :)

3.2k is ridiculous also. Surely shopping around a bit would have got it a bit cheaper. Play the insurance companies off against each other. I managed to get £200 off mine just by saying another company was beating their quote.

Keep the car clean, and keep on top of servicing and it will see you alright :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I would love to get some alloys on it and would like a spoiler to!! Just wondering what my insurance company would charge.. Surely it can't be much more expensive than it already is!

naah, thats the beauty of oem parts... theyre standard clio parts... just not for your car so to speak :p although i wouldnt worry about spoilers and wheels on insurance i declaired my coilovers and bumpers and it cost me £34 or so extra :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
£3.2k is a mental amount of money. Mental.

Despite your age, you live in a low risk postcode which should be representative in the premium. I'd seriously consider shopping around!

GSXR + KDX220

THIS ^^^^

I'd expect to be driving some 900bhp Supra or something for that kind of money...or even a Lambo lol

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles

Despite your age, you live in a low risk postcode which should be representative in the premium. I'd seriously consider shopping around!

Tell me about it. That is after shopping around!! Low risk postcode? Tadley's full of Pikeys and Chavs! I thought you'd know that Luke :p! Its annoying but insurance has gone up ridiculously this year.

An orange one
My missus has our 1.2 dynamique in her name, her first car ever 0 ncb obviously, £615 with elephant lol

I feel sorry for new young drivers like yourself, you guys get absolutely mauled these days for driving cars which are worth about as little as you can get! £3200 I mean fook me!! I would have had a heart attack!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
£3200 is insane, i paid £1500 a 3 years ago for my first car. You can insure a 1.5dci van for £1200 now though, that is defiantly what i would be doing.

clio mk2 van
Being 17, I have to echo what dudes45 is saying. I spent 2 months doing quotes for so many different cars ranging from 1.0 15 year old corsa's to some 1.6 golfs. The lowest quote I ever got in my own name was £3000! hence why I got a van and now pay £1300 haha. People don't realise how much it's gone up in the past 6 months, I've got mates who passed a year before me and they pay £1500 for a 1.2 clio, whereas we entered the same details now and it was £3100! Also, companys hate males. I did a quote for me on a 1.6 golf came to £3200, then simply changed the gender to female and it went down to £1200. absolute joke..

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Being 17, I have to echo what dudes45 is saying. I spent 2 months doing quotes for so many different cars ranging from 1.0 15 year old corsa's to some 1.6 golfs. The lowest quote I ever got in my own name was £3000! hence why I got a van and now pay £1300 haha. People don't realise how much it's gone up in the past 6 months, I've got mates who passed a year before me and they pay £1500 for a 1.2 clio, whereas we entered the same details now and it was £3100! Also, companys hate males. I did a quote for me on a 1.6 golf came to £3200, then simply changed the gender to female and it went down to £1200. absolute joke..

Its mental mate! I hope it goes down soon noticeably after my first year. Problem being I need my car for work so can't really get rid of it!! Its crazy!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I reallllyyy do not understand how people can manage to pay £3k+ a year for their premiums, I could get insured on a 1*2 for that, and I'm 18...