ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cr@p bodyshop

Not a poxy Renault
got my car back from the bodyshop yesterday, someone crashed in front of me and I drove through a cloud of debris! had to have bonnet, bumper, wings and doors resprayed (insurance job). Checked the job out today during a rare dry interval. Bonnet has severe holograms, looks like the swirl marks are about 4ins under the paint. Bonnet and wings are orange peeled but not as bad as the doors which look like they have not been flattened / polished at all.
Needless to say I will be contacting the bodyshop on Mon morning. I'm sure someone good with a PC would make a terrific job on it but why should I have to pay?
What is the normal process after spraying, is it to wet / dry / flatten and then polish? would like some info so that I'm fully armed when i contact the bodyshop
Many thanks

106 GTi
Those rotary holograms are shocking, no surprise as most bodyshop's do a s**t job with them. Chances are if you take it back they won't be able to do that bit any better.

Punto/Clio GTT
just needs a better polish really on the bonnet, doors aint been touched with wetordry though :S

once a cars been mopped and that, alot of people ive worked with leave all the residue on the car and leave it for the valeters. just lazy really

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
That is shocking cant belive they let you have it back like that. Dorr looks like they sprayed it with halfords spray cans

VX220 Turbo
thats very poor polishing most the stuff on the bonnet looks like it needs a final going over with a 3m product called finess-it,

doors need more than just flatting and polishing they need to be sprayed better, looks like they didn't use an oven to bake the paint.

Punto/Clio GTT
repaint the doors? :S only needs a wetflat, ide get them looking like mirrors.

mind you, looks a better finish than rich's doors tbh

;)

Not a poxy Renault
oh, and the drivers door window has lacquer overspray on it!!...

and there's bits of dirt in the paint,....

and the two small dents that were on the bonnet are still visible in the right light

but apart from that, pretty good job Duston Coachworks, many thanks!