ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cowon D2 MP3 PMP

GW Clio 200
I was on the market for a little MP3 player to take with me on holiday. I have done the Ipod thing, so wanted something a little different. I was looking a the iriver Clix2 soon to be released in Japan and the iriver x20 that is already available. The Clix2 with its AMOLED screen is suppose to be stunning.

However..

I opted for the Cown D2. Cowon are not a household name in this country but if they continue to make products like the D2 that I have just purchased they soon will be. I am so impressed with the sound quality and video playback features of this little PMP. I love the fact that it has a touch screen incorporated to keep the player as small and as neat as possible. Its also easy to get your files loaded onto the player. Simply drag and drop, no software required for that. It does however come with software to resize, compress and convert video files for the player.

Video playback is a stunning 30fps on a 2.5inch screen. The colours are vibrant and there are several levels of brightness. I watched and episode of "Lost" at work the other night....

I bought the 4GB player with a 4GB falsh card. There is a firmware update over the next few days (Beta already available) that allows the player to use SDHC flash memory. With 32GB SDHC memory cards being released soon, things just get better.

There are so many other good things you can do with this player to personalise it. One very nice feature is you can change the boot up animation for one of your own. Just make a GIF and use Cowon software to change the GIF to an ILB file, then place the file in the system folder.

The Cowon D2 MP3 PMP gives a lot more value for money than the similarly priced ipod nano... IMO of course.. so if you are on the look out for a new MP3, check it out.

Here is a link to a You Tube video where an Asian fella by the name of Kevin was kind enough to give a helpful demonstration.

Cowon D2 demonstration

These thing are solid, so well made. They come in either Black or White. I opted for the White.

I have to say I am very impressed with it.

122854.jpg