ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of videos from combe action day of my turbo 172

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
​Yeah, I was just interested to see the difference.

Likewise mate :)
Would be great to get the same driver out in the same conditions in both and see how a turbo road car really does compare to an N/A race car :)

Are you going to FCS? Obvioulsy your car would have a driver advantage but at combe it would be less so than other circuits as its the one I know best probably.
Would be brilliant to get some video of the two showing the differences and similarities etc.

Countryman JCW
Likewise mate :)
Would be great to get the same driver out in the same conditions in both and see how a turbo road car really does compare to an N/A race car :)

Are you going to FCS? Obvioulsy your car would have a driver advantage but at combe it would be less so than other circuits as its the one I know best probably.
Would be brilliant to get some video of the two showing the differences and similarities etc.

I sense a challenge there... ;)

320D E91 Estate
He was relatively easy to get past, I was being very gentle to begin with as was fist time out on the new brakes, once I decided I wanted to pass though it wasnt too much trouble to do so.
Not a lot in it, but my car was definately capable of going quicker than him both on the straights and in the bends.

There was a striker racecar that caught me up and would have passed me if it wasnt for the chequered flag.
Other than that, everything else on track I passed pretty easily TBH, oh there was an evo racecar that was mega quick too, different league but I dont think we were out near enough to each other to end up "racing" as it were, he would have slaughtered me though in my little roadcar with a radio and rear seats etc, lol.

Oh and JamesEP400 from here did a really good job of fending me off for a while in his standard 172 but with his "mad karting champion yo" skillz, I obvioulsy passed him easily still but it was harder to catch him in the first place than I expected, and he did a good job of kind of hanging onto me after I passed him too, I was getting away, but not by as much as you would expect given the spec difference.

He is definitely the quicker driver out of the two of us, but the cars were just such an unfair match I won anyway, lol

Lol, I like the "mad karting champion yo" skillz description Chip! I only won a single championship but got too tall and heavy. 10-15kgs more doesn't seem much but in those karts it makes a difference. Thats why I love track/action days as me being a heavier person doesn't affect the cars performance!

Yeah shame the rear facing camera SD card corrupted would have been good to see me "trying" to hang onto you ;)

That black clio went ok too.
Cheers :D

That is James ep400.
Standard car more or less! Very good driver.
Cheers for the driver comments Chip, hopefully if I make Llandow might do the Karting event as well ;)

Still a very quick car on straights too as it was walking away from the cup!
Yeah I was surprised at that Dan, as it rollered at 175.6bhp which is ok but not massive power!

Yeah it's one of the better ones.
​Although his gearbox broke that day and its currently off the road awaiting a new one.

Yeah diff planet gear is in pieces and there is a hole in the box so its f*****!!

934908_10151647521299680_1671466858_n_zpsfa91c1a2.jpg

Performance spec is: RS Tuner map, decat, powerflow decat back and V6 airbox - 175.6bhp and 146.6lb ft at Tipton

Need some much better tyres next time, new rear shocks and the gearbox not to throw the diff ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You can certainly tell that the throttle is much more progressive since the rebuild, one smooth application out of most corners, looking on form mate ;)