ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of rig shots

Saturday was the first chance I got to play with my rig for the first time in AGES!

Im a bit rusty, which shows in the pics, Im not overly happy with them tbh.

It didnt help that after the first few shots, the rig broke :(. It's only minor, I was tightening it all up, and one of the bolts snapped!

DSC_9173-copy-copy.jpg

DSC_9163-1.jpg

I know they're similar, but the rib broke before I got a chance to use it on different angles.

I know the backgrounds are a bit cack too, I was mainly practising on private roads at where I work.
As they were practice, I didnt take too much care removing the rig in PS, so I know there are a few areas where its a bit obvious (well at least to me!)

/excuses ;)

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'd be happy with them tbh, only thing I'm not too keen on are the backgrounds. The first makes it look like you have a bonnet scoop and then the second is just a bit distracting. Good work. :)

lol, didnt expect to see this thread again ;)

I made it myself :)

I bought two suction mounts, and then some alu tubing. I found a way to attach the two, and job done :)

Its not perfect, and its a paint to photoshop out, but it does the job.

Mental 172 Cup
just interested in doing some of my own! :) how much did it cost you to make mate and do you have pics of the rig itself?? thanks

Fiat Panda 100hp
I like the 2nd one's background. It's simple and all the same, if you get me. The composition doesn't do it for me though, don't know why. All good otherwise though, car looks mint.

Yeh I wasnt really taking everything into consideration when taking the pics, they were mainly to see if the rig works well on my car.

It was alright, but it did shake a lot! Damn firm suspension, not like my old man's Audi!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
nice pics buddy, i would have cloned out that part of the background behind the bonnet on the first pic when you were removing the rig.

rig-2.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
no worries mate, there nice looking shots, were you using a grad filter on the second one or just got lucky with the sky.

what rig set up are you using mate.

May as well post this up :)

DSC_9173.jpg

That's straight out of the camera, you'll probably notice all the crappy processing to try and remove the rig, just remember that these were test shots, so they didnt have much time spent on them :)

EDIT: I tell a lie, thats straight out of the camera, then rotated 180 degrees :)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Another rigger! YAY! How well does it handle vibration? Major issue with mine over that. :(

vers le haut doigt milieu
you need to find yourself a nice long tunnel, other than that nice!

Theyre very strong. I put mine on the car and I couldn't pull it off. You only need to move very slowly anyway, walking pace is fine.

I stood by it ready to catch just incase, but it was fine.

Its more than a few feet. Mines about 3.5 metres at its longest setting.

But id much rather have someone with me to walk beside the camera, just in case!

But yes, it is terrifyingly scary!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
3.5! Wow. Uber camera shake risk. Im ok with my set now if pushing. Usually I tether it all together so rig will always hit the ground before camera. All insured so no biggie.

Do want to try a spiral car park shot sometime. THAT would be cool!

Mental 172 Cup
does anyone have a picture of their rig! im looking to make one and want a pic of the rig itself not on the car! :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
does anyone have a picture of their rig! im looking to make one and want a pic of the rig itself not on the car! :)

there are loads of different ways of making them depending upon budget and method of attaching them. some people use suction mounts others use under car magnets.
best bet it to dig your way through this thread as there is loads of useful info into what works and what doesnt

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=490505