ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of questions regarding springs on my 197.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Firstly, how high are H&R springs rated? Will be an all round job, 40mm rear, 30mm front.

What cost would I be looking to pay to get these fitted on average?

Finally, will this spring make the ride rough? I want as close as possible to the standard Renaults but with a drop but not a too big drop! Will aftermarket springs remove the 'stick to the road' built in freebie the 197 has?

Cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You don't hear much about the h&r springs tbh, it's either cooksport/eibach or go home, lol. But Carl @bloke rates them a lot, more so than the cooksports which I rate. I Trust his opinion so would be happy to use them. Depending how old your dampers are and if in good condition they will be a little harsher than standard at a guess. Drop wise I'm not sure as I haven't heard much about them. How many pennies are they over the above, assuming you can get them for yours?

dan's cast offs.
h&r are great, got the wife's 172 on them and it's really nice, firm but not harsh or crashy at all. have been trundling round in a mazda 3 mps with them on as well and again they are a really nice spring, imagine they would be great on track.