ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of Onboard Vids from Britcar 24Hr 2010 - Awesome speed ..

Lotus Elise
.. from the Moslers :)

Thought you guys would like to see a couple of very early onboards from this years Britcar 24Hr race held at Silverstone GP Circuit this last weekend.

I was driving the No 94 Daniels Motorsport Civic Type-R (EP3). We have competed in this same car on 4 previous occasions and won our class in 2006/2007, finished 5th in 2008, no race in 2009 and we finished 6th in class (23 cars) and 27th overall (63 cars).

These are both quite rushed as I processed and posted them on the Sunday as the race was still in progress. I will be trawling through the rest of the video we took for more highlights and such and do a bit better job with the filters and such.

This is early footage from about lap 9. There was a safety car period after 4 laps so this is where the action starts. Checkout the speed of those Moslers @ around 3mins and especialy 6min. Also you'll see the Saxon Motorsport Civic which is higher spec than ours and went on to finish 3rd in class, great job Saxon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et6nc4RXVYw

This is some night footage, and it was VERY wet. We actually had rain from about 3hrs in until the end of the race which made conditions very tricky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5hjICXnXQU

Maxx

PS. Here is a pic of the car.

24hr-car01-edit.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Did you have a young lad called Robbie working in the garage with you as a sort of work experience thing?

Turbos.
Cool, nice to see a bit of on board action. It's really difficult to describe how difficult it is racing at night, especially at a wide, featureless circuit like Silverstone.

Did the 'recession' 6 hour version last year. Would have won class if it wasn't for a stop go penalty and mishap stopping in the wrong pit bay! Was frustrating as, for once, there wasn't a single mechanical issue.

Back in Britcar next season, looking forward to it!