ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of Little Issues (Lighter/Washers)

Clio Mk2 Dynamique
Since I had such a great response to my first thread here, which I really appreciated. I thought I'd ask a couple more things.
(Regarding my last thread, I've currently got a second bumper and someone is working on it, will post a before/after once its on)
Anyway:
Issue 1:
Since buying the Car, my washers have always been giving me crap. I had the washer motor replaced and they worked a treat (for a few weeks) no the driver side has stopped again. Passenger side works completely fine. Whats the best way to try and clean these out to see if its just a blockage of some sort?
Issue 2:
Cigarette lighter doesn't work however no problems with radio which I've heard are on the same fuse? However, the actual socket looks disgusting, its all rusted etc so would it be worth replacing this, or trying a new fuse first?

Thanks again!!!

CursedTitanium 182FF
Issue 1: Use a pin to clear out the jets and give it a squirt to see if it has unblocked, repeat till clear or get an air line on the washer pipe, disconnect the bit attached to the underside of the bonnet.

Issue 2: Replace.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Try disconnecting the black washer pipe where it goes into the bonnet (passenger side bonnet hinge).

Fire the jets and see if the water goes through okay, that way you can isolate the actual washer jets and bonnet piping.

Clio Mk2 Dynamique
Issue 1: Use a pin to clear out the jets and give it a squirt to see if it has unblocked, repeat till clear or get an air line on the washer pipe, disconnect the bit attached to the underside of the bonnet.

Issue 2: Replace.

Thankyou :)

Try disconnecting the black washer pipe where it goes into the bonnet (passenger side bonnet hinge).

Fire the jets and see if the water goes through okay, that way you can isolate the actual washer jets and bonnet piping.

I'll give it a go :)
Not very good with this car stuff but I'm trying to learn as I go along and this forum is EPIC for information!!

THAAANKS