ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

could somebody brainy please tell me how to fix my car!?

2002 172
My car is a 2002 172

Speedometer does not work
The trip computer does not work (MPG etc..)
Miles dont clock up
All the lights on the instrumental panel are lit.
Stereo wont increase the volume on any speed setting

Abs works fine,
Rev counter works fine aswelll as the rest of the lights on the dashboard.

I have just replaced both front abs sensors and checked the loom for damage and its fine.
I have checked the connectors in the back of the instrumental panel and they are fine.

Now im stuck and have been for some time i cant really find anything that can help me when i search.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sounds f**ked

EDIT:

read something on here the other day about the speed thing being a speed sensor... i dunno where its located though...
kind of adds up though, no speed = no miles on clock = nothing for the trip to work out your averages etc.

Have you checked for a speed sensor on top of the diff?? My ph2 172 works off the wheel speed sensor but yours could be different.

2002 172
checked them all apart from the abs pump because its a bi*** to get at.. only thing i have noticed since installing the new nearside abs sensor is that the cv boot clip has broke and oil is everywhere so that cant help the situation either.

AK

M240i
My car is a 2002 172

Speedometer does not work
The trip computer does not work (MPG etc..)
Miles dont clock up
All the lights on the instrumental panel are lit.
Stereo wont increase the volume on any speed setting

Abs works fine,
Rev counter works fine aswelll as the rest of the lights on the dashboard.

I have just replaced both front abs sensors and checked the loom for damage and its fine.
I have checked the connectors in the back of the instrumental panel and they are fine.

Now im stuck and have been for some time i cant really find anything that can help me when i search.

Canny be a bad thing LOL. Clock up a few free miles :rasp:

arctic 182 ff
yeh checked for that and cant seem to find one...

Get a torch and look directly down the back of the engine sort of inline with the throttle body you will see a connector going to the back part of gear box/diff check for broken wires/corrosion chances are it may need a new sensor.

check the wiring block in the engine bay fuse box , can be prone to water ingress , but if not would have to do wiwnr checks from the abs unit to panel , otherwise if you can get someone who can read live data when driving , if the injection ecu or uch is recieving the speed reading , you know it will probably be the panel

clio 197 cup
checked them all apart from the abs pump because its a bi*** to get at.. only thing i have noticed since installing the new nearside abs sensor is that the cv boot clip has broke and oil is everywhere so that cant help the situation either.

If your car gets its speed etc from the abs make sure the cv boot clip isnt around the abs pickup ring as this can cause faults. I know you said the abs is working but its worth a try.