ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could Renault help

For 10 weeks I have been fighting to get hold of a replacement locking wheel nut key for my V6. Having been originally told that replacements could not be obtained then found out that they could be ordered and would take 4-6 weeks to arrive. Using the code from my service book I ordered a replacement key. Nothing arrived until last week, some 10 weeks later. The key that arrived wasnt even for the same type of locking nut. I urgently need to get the wheels off my V6 to do some maintenance to the breaks and cannot drill the nuts off as the front wheel offset is too big. Can Renault or Jeremy provide any help?? Ive tried being patient but this is getting out of control now.

Clio Phase II 16V

what type is it, as you can buy tools from halfords to remove locking nuts, i had an arse of a job with one on my valver ones and ended up having to drill/grind it out which caused some damage to the alloy.

Take it to a tyre fitters. I had two sets of locking wheelnuts on the wheels of a VTS I used to own and only one key for one set. Theyll just put a socket on with a reverse thread on it, use a bit of brute force and the wheelnut will break off.

I work in the motor trade and have done for many years. Ive taken it to our tyre fitter and he informs me that the only thing you can do is drill it off. Its a flat faced nut with an uneven hexagonal pattern cut into it but only very shallowly. With the front wheel offset being so deep I really need a replacement key. All other routes have been exhausted.

Contact cutomer services, ask to speak to a manager, explain the situation and the urgency................see what they say!

Cya Stu