ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cough... cough... I've been missing.

Anyway back to the OP.

Whats the power of the engine?

And because its an M-Sport does that mean its got some M goodies? Brakes, suspension or steering wheel?

Im new to BMW so still learning.

Definitely the best colour though!!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Its a 197hp (290ft-lbs torque IIRC) 3.0l diesel, M-Sport means its up on power over the SE 325d, it comes with lower and stiffer suspension, m-sport steering wheel, M-sport mode for the gearbox on the Autos (like mine) with paddle shifters so it holds onto gears longer and changes ever so slightly faster. Sports seats with adjustable support so the seats hug you more, different body kit inc wheels, brakes are better mine seem to be Black from the factory which is different from most M-Sports Ive seen Im not sure why, it could very well be an option but it isn't on the sheet I have and Its got 18" alloys.

Snotter's
A lot of what you have said is incorrect, m sport has no more power, m sport mode doesn't exist (you have drivesport which all bmw autos have) Depending on the year all 6 cyl engines have paddles. Seats and bodykits your right, the brakes are no better on the m sport (the 330d got bigger brakes and a stronger gearbox).
Your car does however look like its had a brake upgrade (this wouldn't have been factory)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of what you have said is incorrect, m sport has no more power, m sport mode doesn't exist (you have drivesport which all bmw autos have) Depending on the year all 6 cyl engines have paddles. Seats and bodykits your right, the brakes are no better on the m sport (the 330d got bigger brakes and a stronger gearbox).
Your car does however look like its had a brake upgrade (this wouldn't have been factory)

This. M sport is a styling package basically.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

Thanks for the education tbh Im just going off some things Ive seen on the net but as we know with this place whats true and isn't, isn't always clear. Didn't know they all came with paddles because I looked at loads of 330's newer than mine without? strange unless they were using maybe catalogue pictures. As for the brakes they look exactly the same as all the other 3series Ive seen and seeing as the last guy who owned it was in his 50's and a MD I can hardly see him getting some Black calliper paint and painting them lol.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Least Ive got this up the drive aswell.

9F31F400-DC76-4EF2-B109-A783CB055784-701-00000131A5B81E1A.jpg

DB6976F7-1E97-4BE4-9634-01CFCC60AD3E-701-000001319F0D5D87.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
The paddles weren't an option until the later cars (unless 335 where they were standard) but its an easy retro-fit...

It does sound like the brakes have seen some paint.. Maybe a detailer did it?