ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost of an engine conversion 1.2-2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I know your all thinking don't do it but I'm just query that's all on how much it actually costs to do like everything the whole swap?

Cheers

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I know your all thinking don't do it but I'm just query that's all on how much it actually costs to do like everything the whole swap?

Cheers

I don't know the exact price. But it would vary a lot on whether you would do it yourself or pay a garage to do it.

Also what quality. You could smack an engine and box in, but would you do the brakes etc as well? It would vary on what standard you would want.

Essentially, it's cheaper to by a 1*2 and then shove 1.2 bumpers on it if you really want a sleeper.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
There's only one reason someone would carry out this conversation now that actual 172s are so cheap to buy.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Add up how much it costs to buy all the parts you need.

Call a garage and ask them how much to do the work.

Add these two numbers together.

There's only one reason someone would carry out this conversation now that actual 172s are so cheap to buy.

Because they've started their own insurance company ?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
image.jpg
We all know how that will end....

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
OP - when you say you need one for insurance purposes, do you mean you need a value to insure it under? Hence understanding the cost?

Or do you mean you intend to not declare it on insurance?
You don't insure labour.. ;)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.