ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Correcting Swirls on Phs 1 172

clio 172 phs 1
What compound/pad combo do you all use with DA polisher to correct swirls on Phase 1 172 clear coat?

Is the lacquer generally hard,medium or soft?

Cheers

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm mainly sticking to menz and hex pads now, clio paint is usually hard in my experience. What stuff have you already got?

clio 172 phs 1
Megs UC and 205 with Orange and White Hex logic pads and some MF cutting pads too.

I tried to correct some swirls on my titanium Phase 1 172 before a bought the MF pads and it was pretty unsuccessful. Hence me asking!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
UC with hex orange should be a pretty agressive combo, would hope to see some decent improvement even.

Have a look through youtube for jumkmans videos, and there are some demonstrating the carpro fixer polish that is pretty good for giving you an idea on speeds, movement, pressures and working times etc.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
renaultsport paint compared to standard Renualt paint is harder, but not on the level I've found with VW / Audi group