ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant temp

Hi guys,

I noticed today that the temp gauge is fluctuating.

It will run bang on the middle until going down a hill and then it will drop one bar or so.

Is it Likely to be the stat or the sensor?
Also does anyone know the price for the parts?

Thanks.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Mine does this if only been driven for 10 min. Gets up to temp then drops when going down a hill. Then sits at 4 bars after that permanently. My thermostat is fairly new too tbh.

Sweet I will buy a new one.
Im guessing its an easy job Dan?
Do I need to drain all of the coolant or can I just top up what I loose?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Also I have found when I have the hot air blowing inside of the car it makes the gauge drop also.

I thought that when you blow hot air into the car you are taking the heat away and into your car therefore lowering the temperature? or am i wrong? I have been told this.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
nothing to worry about really imo, mine does it slightly and its a new stat and seal with new coolant which is bled up properly.
If you change the stat get the genuine seal, non OEM leak like buggery 100%

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My 200 has always done it. I just put it down to no load really being on the engine, I.E. less heat being created.

Infact IIRC all the cars I'v owned have lol.