ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant leak

For a while now I’ve been having to top up the coolant because of a leak on the front drivers side of the radiator. The thing is I can’t see if it’s the bottom hose or the radiator leaking. Whenever I get a chance to look under the car it doesn’t seem to leak but then some days I park it for 10 minutes, come back and its pissed loads out. Maybe Im being stupid but why would it happen so randomly?

I’ve tried squeezing the hoses when it’s hot and under pressure but I can’t make it leak. I’ve even tried using a UV light to show the fluorescent die in the coolant but I still can’t see where its coming from. Any tips?

I was going to say usually you can hear the pump making noise when they go......

Get an electric water pump and electric oil pump and a switch to turn off the charge from your alternator.... your save yourself a sh*t load of BHP ;-)

Sounds expensive. I was really sure it was coming from the radiator but I suppose that could just be where it ends up dripping from. It has been making a squeaking noise from around that area when cold for a while.

Any ideas of cost? Is an electric pump a better idea?

leccy pump is not a simple install, you need to remote locate the pump, wire it in, plumb it in, put in the electro thermostat so on and on......

if you can do it yourself then teh price of the pump, which is about 40 quid.