ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

..coolant leak..loses 8" in 1hr/50 miles..

Foz turbo S & a 172
evening.

Just happened to check the coolant hen doing oil today and was shocked to find that the coolant reservoir was right down.

No warning from car. No overheating. Heater still blowing hot. No white smoke. So I topped up with water and headed home.

1hr/50 miles later, and right down again. I, let it cool, topped it back up and let it tick over and waited.

After ten minutes the drops started to come from the right-hand side of the radiator as you look at the car.

After 15 mins, a large puddle.

Is this definitely the radiator?

How come its lasted so long? Luck.

cheers.

Steven

SQ5
They just all of a sudden go due to cooling and heating cycles.

These engines seem to be fine though when run a little low.

Clio 182
Definately radiator. I had the same issue a few week ago. Bottom right hand side of the rad had burst/broke . New radiator full flush and all sorted.

Foz turbo S & a 172
Were u from mate

Alrite Andy! Its Steven (silver blob you helped me upgrade in 2010). Wander here too do you?

What a month mate. Andy F mapped the Foz, but with limited boost due to BOV so got a list of stuff to do on that when noticed Cleatus the Commuter running dry today!

you still got that clio track car I take it?

L

Foz turbo S & a 172
Definately radiator. I had the same issue a few week ago. Bottom right hand side of the rad had burst/broke . New radiator full flush and all sorted.

OK, cheers BB. I'll source a radiator tomorrow. It could've been like this for a while..

We haven't got a car free working day until next monday. Cue much nail-biting and watching the rev counter.

cheers. L