ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant hoses

172, BMW 650i & X5
Hi all, I have my car fairly well Stripped back.
I had simply looped the heater matrix hoses (1x at back of thermostat & 1x runs off main bottom hose to rad)
Question is, can these simply be deleted and blocked off at each end or must the be looped?
It would get rid of excess hosing and leave more space around engine bay.
Thoughts please...

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
You could run a hose from the bottom of the block which goes to the rad straight to the thermostat. There's a thread on here you'll just need approx 500mm of 19mm straight hose with a 180 deg bend and joiner. I have some straight hose and joiner as I bought it to do the same but ended up fitting a T7 heater.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i'll check mine this week, I don't run a matrix and don't think I have any looped pipes

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
When we had the matrix removed, we simply looped it, because we wanted to add a smaller matrix back in if we needed it. After driving in the rain with an undersized blower (watch this video for visual evidence - ), I would recommend keeping some kind of a heater matrix and fan in the car if you want to see in damp conditions, we replaced the heavy blower assembly that comes as standard with the following (added some ducting too of course):

200 cfm fan blower
Smaller heater matrix - we got it for cheaper elsewhere and removed the tiny crappy fan.