ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant colour !!!!!!!!!!

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
Hi...

I have a Mk1 RSi, I checked the coolant level today and its a orange/teracota colour....
What would make it this colour :S:S

Thanks in advance

It's A Reno
Rust comes in a rusty colour lol.

You need to drain, flush and refill your system with a good quality antifreeze which should inhibit the rust in your block.

It's A Reno
Is the water cloudy?
If it's cloudy, it's likely to be rust, if it's not it's likely to be the colour of the water/coolant.
Most blocks are cast iron, cast iron rusts if the coolant has been poorly maintained and clouds the water.
Remedy?, see above:)

Why is this site so damned slooow?

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
It is cloudy :(

I am going to be changing it this weekend.
Is there any flush stuff or just flush with water and fill with new coolant.?
Is there a particular coolant to use or any coolant will do ?
Also whats the easiest way to drain the coolant ?

Sorry for all the questions :eek:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Make sure you add it 60% coolant 40% water . Pure antifreeze can actually freeze .

It's A Reno
I don't rate flush stuff personally, but some do.
It's usually a case of pulling off a bottom hose, draining it and rinsing it out with lots of water.
A garden hose is best, just stick it in wherever you can.
The problem is that the stat won't let you drain and rinse the block so you can either remove the stat(not recommended) or refill, run, drain and repeat until the water clears. Let it cool before you drain though.

Once it's cleared, drain and refill with and the correct winter % of coolant/antifreeze and it it shouldn't be a problem again.

I use halfrauds stuff and it's always been ok.

The secret is to change it a couple of times a year rather than when it become an issue.

Preventative maintenance is better than reactive maintenance.:)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Make sure you add it 60% coolant 40% water . Pure antifreeze can actually freeze .

The companies concerned say they get large numbers of complaints from customers who haven't read the instructions on the container and just poured it in straight, or did that in the mistaken belief that if 60% is good then 100% is better. You'd think they'd just sell it in the right concentration.

clio 172
coolant comes in all different colours

renault use green coolant but i dont think it really matters mine is orange texaco coolant i wouldnt worry mate as long as your motor isnt over heating
your be ok!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well in halfords the cheap 2 year stuff is green and the expesnive 5 year stuff is pink.