ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cool oem+ mods for the 182? (n00b here)

M3 SMG
Recently aquired a 182 and it has a Janspeed exhaust a sports cat.

I'm not after any power mods. I saw a thread where someone changed the steering wheel to 197 wheel and that looked great!

Don't really know anything about Renault as I have always had Vauxhallms and BMWs

Also my exhaust is a tad booby and being an old codger it's a bit too loud, what would you lot reccomend?

Golf MK6 GT TDI
Colour coding the badges looks good, could even get the new style badges.

Also what do you mean by the exhaust being "booby"??

M3 SMG
Pmsl I'm using an iPhone and hate the keypad. It was meant to say boomy. As in the resonation in the cockpit especially pulling away and on overrun in high revs

Iceberg 172
Is it cup packed? Ie spoiler and splitter? If not then that's where I'd start.

STD exhaust sounds fine IMO. If not miltek is normally a good option for performance without being silly loud.

Trophy recaros are a nice oem mod.

Slightly lower suspension is a must IMO.

M3 SMG
I have both cup packs yeah, I bought the car with the exhaust on it so wasn't looking to change a standard one, but I am loving the larger pipes.
Standard exhausts expensive to retro fit?

Thanks for the link planned to get white led bulbs for the interior and number plate lights.
Got diadems already but can't decide if I should fit them or not as it may clash against the yellow paint!

Have many people swapped steering wheels?

R26 230
Unless u got a mate that can do it then sure a pint and some fags will settle that!

Last edited by a moderator:
  M3 SMG
Matty I may be interested in that! I haven't made my mind up on if I will change but for £50 I'd like the option.

And yes i can't type with an iPhone, although Im sure a booby exhaust would be interesting! Lol

Titanium 182
The Janspeed exhaust is barely louder than standard, wouldn't bother changing back.

4pots will set you back at least £800 lol.

M3 SMG
yeah im guessing they would be around that, just wana know if anyone reccomends them over the standard setup as i dont have much confidence in mine, onlly thing i have been dissapointed in so far tbh