ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cool Mods For Skint People....

M16a
Same idea here, dash strips bit put your own twist on them,
this cost me all of £0.00, green fuzzy felt i had lying around in work, tin of spray glue, scissors, black tape.
Voila.. not seen anything other than alcantara like it, but I personally love it.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

60mm springs, £30 classifieds ;) Free fitting..
Megane splitter £10, Painted Badges Black, £10 (paint and laquer)
IMG_0014.jpg

Not a bad £50 i guess.

(plus the wheels i have now were a bargain, OZ F1's,. with tyres, £100 :) )

172 cup- suzu rf600r
great thread !

not to everyones taste but - 12 or so pounds per two lights, flyesyes kit

DSC03212.jpg

DSC03215.jpg

25 quid and an hour or so's work

None
got a pic? and doesn't that add more heat into the engine? not sure where you mean ( suppose i should look but easier with pics! :) )

This is what he means, it is a really good free mod if you like induction noise and i'm sure any losses in cool air intake are made up for by having less friction heated air passing through the small bendy CAF pipe and acoustic valve, plus it is at the front which generally takes in cold air from the front grill and as the manifold for the exhaust is at the back it's not a hot area of the engine bay.
3.gif

Here is another mod i did for about twenty quid, i got rid of the pointless cup holder and made a carbon fibre look cover out of a 3M di noc A4 sheet and perspex, now i have a little cubby box and by getting rid of the ciggy lighter i wired in a three way supply for the phone, sat nav and a spare for something else 12v.

That area at the back is just dust, it looks better with a clean ;)
DSC03614.gif

172 cup- suzu rf600r
iv heard of a few people that have done this (pulled the CAF pipe out) cant comment on that myself as what iv done is drilled and smoothed the standard airbox which gives you better induction noise, add a panel filter too and get slightly more (like me) sounds frickin awesome

Clio Trophy
iv heard of a few people that have done this (pulled the CAF pipe out) cant comment on that myself as what iv done is drilled and smoothed the standard airbox which gives you better induction noise, add a panel filter too and get slightly more (like me) sounds frickin awesome

Can you put up a picture of this so we can see?

RS 182 CUP
Port n polish plenum n inlet manifold. Just need a dremel and some grinding stones. If u don't trust doing the insides then some fine sand paper and sore fingers you can smooth any alloy surface to a mirror finish. If your not sure how to do it just do a search on YouTube

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Can you put up a picture of this so we can see?
ye but not till after the weekend am away from home just now. Its pretty easy anyway if you look in the airbox youl see loads of little fins. They absorb a fair bit of noise and getting rid of them gives a nicer induction sound. And if you want more noise still you can drill a few holes in the bottom half of the box. Just make sure they are all below where the filter sits and somewhere that wont suck in much heat. I put a couple in the very bottom and a few beside the battery. Also prob obvious at just in case - take the box out to drill it. So you dont burst any pipes etc

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
M3 mirrors & color coded
Hand brake
Sub & amp
Color code engine bay
Goodridge stainless brake hoses
Sun strip
Mud flaps
Wheel spacers
Remove rear seats and recarpet
Fire extig.
First aid kit
Harnesses
Wheels painted
Oil cooler
Roll Cage
Momo wheel
Gear nob

the impression i got from that post ive put in bold.

use like 120 grit wet and dry until they're smooth! Then work down to 240, then prime, flatten down, prime again etc..

Takes a long while, but it's definitely worth it!

RS Clio Trophy
A good clean!! Costs sod all, but a clean car makes all the difference! More time than money!

Even if your not into detailing, a nicely polished car looks mint!

In my opinion, if your low on cash, your better with a very clean standard car than some bodged attempt at mods!

New number plates as above, freshen any car up!

Definitely!

monaco blue 172 ..
a good service done by yourself, a damn good clean, hoover inside, full tank of fuel and a good blast knowing that your car is 100% mint!

agree with you on this one bud ...cant beat a standard car with a damn good clean (rs of course lol)

Clio 172 ph1
This is probably a stupid question and answered many times, but are ph2 rear lights literally a straight swap for ph1s? Anything required other than the cluster itself?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
This is probably a stupid question and answered many times, but are ph2 rear lights literally a straight swap for ph1s? Anything required other than the cluster itself?

A straight swap in regards to the unit themselves but the wiring is different in the connectors. i had to swap them about to make them work

RenaultSport 172
yeah the wiring order in the plugs has to be changed, if you become a member theres a cracking guide made by fubar for it!

RenaultSport Clio 172 FF
Heres a list of things you could do,

1) RS Mats
2) Alloy foot rest
3) RS Toe Eye
4) Skoda Splitter
5) LED Side Lights
6) CG Seatbelt lock
7) Wind Deflectors

^^All can be had of the bay.^^

1)Remove the front bumper and trim off 5mm top and bottom so it fits in the recess with out hanging over the edge of the bumper

2)Replace the rubber in the rear wipper.

^^Both Free^^

ph2 172
I've got a mint free mod i stumbled across today trying to find an oil leak.
I took out the resonator box between the air box and cold air feed on my k4j clio.
When driving normally the car is no louder, But once you put a toe in it and hit full throttle ! WOW, the noise vibrates your ear drums and it sounds pretty cool :)
I did notice a small loss in power once the engine bay had heated up. So maybe making a tube to go from the air box to where the original cold air feed sits will stop this heat soak.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Not a mod as such, but make sure all your wheels are balanced correctly and your tracking is spot on.