ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport springs install

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Hi all, I've come to fit my cooksport springs, did the fronts I think there OK, moved onto the rear. Unfastened the shock lower bolt to take out old spring. Put new cooksport spring in. Fastened bolt and to my surprise the cooksport spring is really loose. To the point where is there is no weight on the rear they could fall out. This seems wrong to me? Pic of old spring and new spring. New one is much smaller in height. I get that it's a lowering spring but I thought that was down to spring tension.

15512951098964171766379739118433.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Have you got the rubber on the springs? That usually helps them stay in place.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You got the rubber spring cup things?
They're obviously looser but won't fall out once back on its wheels.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Eibachs were very similar when I fitted them, without any weight pushing down on them, you could easily pull them out - they were ok once the car was lowered back down though

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
The rubber springs as In the rubber cups that clip onto the spring? Yes. The spring is really loose still with them in place.

Wrong dampers.
Thats interesting cos I was thinking the same thing.

They're are so lose that they could very easily come out. They don't touch the bottom of the car in anyway

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Get some genuine shocks on there and it’ll be like driving a different car.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Cup or 172 mk2 shocks?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Most people go for the Cup shocks as they are slightly uprated. Either will fit.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Some euro car parts shocks. Don't know the brand, they are only a year old. Done about 300 miles on them

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
I've ordered the cup shocks which are arriving tommorow so time will tell if it resolves my issue

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Cup rear shocks are shorter which will sort your issue, had the same problem on aftermarket shocks

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Thanks all, new shocks fitted and springs are seated better, not as much as I'd like but snug. Roll on track day at Oulton 20th

IMG_20190301_164701.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They can torque up but not be all the way in.
Just looks out to me a little bit, id be removing and redoing imho. Always run a tap down those threads when doing my rear shocks

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
They are flush against the shock flange. Looks out cos the shock is black and the. Picture dark