ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Convert text rich doc to MS word doc,help needed

PH2 172
Hi,can anyone recommend a safe site to do the above.The one I tried(zamzar) caused havoc with my computer.Sorry Rich text doc to MS word doc.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
  182 Cup/V70 D5
670px-Convert-an-RTF-File-into-MS-Word-Document-Step-1Bullet1.jpg

then once you've got it open re-save it as a .docx ?

182 Cup/V70 D5
If there's a problem with open offices website it could be leftover bit of nasty from the first (bad) website you tried?

Alternative would be as above, open in notepad, file > save as > file name.doc (ensure file format is set to 'all files' rather than '.txt' otherwise you'll end up with 'file name.doc.txt')

PH2 172
If there's a problem with open offices website it could be leftover bit of nasty from the first (bad) website you tried?

Alternative would be as above, open in notepad, file > save as > file name.doc (ensure file format is set to 'all files' rather than '.txt' otherwise you'll end up with 'file name.doc.txt')

That seems to remove all formatting,and only saves half the page?
Sorry I`m not very good with this.

133/225/CLS AMG
Could just renamed the file from .rtf to .doc and it'll open in Word.

Doesn't work for all files but RTF and Doc files open in the same application so will probably open fine.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What operating system are you running, Steve ? Windows.. XP ? Or earlier !?
What program have you got for editing letters ? Word, I assume...? Do you know what version it is ?!
No point turning it into the newest version type if you're running something 5/10 years old that's all..

Not sure what you need but email me the file if you can, and I'll do it for you ?
If it's sensitive/personal or whatever then obviously not going to be offended if you keep it to yourself :wink:
Let me know, and I'll PM you my email addy.

Rob.

PH2 172
What operating system are you running, Steve ? Windows.. XP ? Or earlier !?
What program have you got for editing letters ? Word, I assume...? Do you know what version it is ?!
No point turning it into the newest version type if you're running something 5/10 years old that's all..

Not sure what you need but email me the file if you can, and I'll do it for you ?
If it's sensitive/personal or whatever then obviously not going to be offended if you keep it to yourself :wink:
Let me know, and I'll PM you my email addy.

Rob.
Thanks Rob,your a hero.I`ll pm you in a mo.My setup is at least as old as the stupid french car I drive.It`s only a CV I created on wordpad,so not top secret.

Steve you can do this all online using Google docs (and Google drive). It's safe, completely free and you probably won't need to install anything if you web browser etc is all up to date.

You use the 'save as' feature and select your file type. Excellent for converting files into PDFs, older .docs etc.