ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Conversion of 1.1 Renault 5 engine!

I have a NA 1.1 Renault 5 and I want to tune it in NA way, no turbo...

Ive heard that the cylinder block is the same like from 1.4 engines (GTX, or GTR)

So, if thats correct, what if I replace my pistons with 1.4 pistons and sleeves, and leave the rods original? Could that be possible? If yes, whats my gain?

How do I increase RPM on my engine, with new pistons or without them? Ive heard that another distributor caps can raise RPM limit...

And the last one - if I do put those pistons in my engine, with double carb (wich one do you recommend?), how much bhp can I expect?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Dont mean to piss on your bonfire but tuning a 1.1 is not cost effective why not get 5 turbo engine second hand.

OK, to save further off topic...

I DO NOT, want that, cos Ill buy GTT soon...I just want to experiment on this engine and I want tune it NA way, Ive said it in the beggining of my post!

NA way, no turbo

Ill buy GTT soon, I dont want to make and engine transplant...

would be a good project, i was thinking of doing that with the siera engine, as there is lots of info i found on them.

im only just getting into this kind of stuff, but there is lots you can do, carb set up, jet sizes, head flowing, skimming the head, new cams, lighten this and that.

good luck

Anyone here that can tell me that 1.4 pistons fit into 1.1? If you know someone from Renault, or have some database...

I would be thankful.

2 Brun; thx, but Im from Croatia, so its a little $$$ ;)

He got e-mail?

I dont think the 1.4 pistons fit the block is probably wider.

Your best idea is either Nos or Throttle bodies

EDD