ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Contract Phone, Cancellation.

Clio 182 - RB
I'm due a 6 month early upgrade at the end of next month, question is would i have a 14 day cooling off period? Planning on taking the early upgrade then cancelling it straight away as i don't want to be with the provider any more as i get no signal what so ever at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'd imagine that you would have to carry on with the rest of the contract if you cancelled the upgrade.
There will probably be some small print in your contract regarding this.

Clio 182 - RB
I'd imagine that you would have to carry on with the rest of the contract if you cancelled the upgrade.
There will probably be some small print in your contract regarding this.
This isn't news i wanted to hear, i think the best bet would be to just simply ask.. Then they may not give me an early upgrade, which i don't want anyways.

Clio 182 - RB
Would selling your current phone not cover the remainder of the contract?
Good idea but unfortunately not, battery is knackered, camera is fuzzy all the time and its got a hairline crack in the front screen. Pale times.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No I would say. 6 months more pain then just move to someone and get a new phone.

Clio 182 - RB
@DrR - Yes Vodafone, so sh1t.

@gally - I think thats what i'm going to have to do.

Thought i'd be sneaky by doing it the way as said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182 - RB
You cant early upgrade then say no i dont want the contract any longer and keep the phone lol.
Nice try though.
Haha, i wouldn't keep the phone... It'd be going back! Literally ring up, get the early upgrade, put phone down, ring back and cancel [emoji1305] That was the plan.

You've got no chance with an early upgrade as it's like extending an existing agreement.

My missus got aearly upgrade once, three months before her contract ended. What they didn't tell her was that they just add the three months onto the 24 months of the new contract they put her on, so she had a 27 month contract for some crap phone that she hated.

Sneaky.