ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Constant battle with BT internet

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Ive been having terrible problems with BT over the last year or 2. Ive got a bt phone line coming into the house as well as BT vision and a BT home hub. The BT vision box and Home hub have never worked properly, we are currently on our 2nd vision box and 3rd/4th hub. For a while the on demand feature of the vision box was temperamental at best however now it just doesnt work at all.

The internet is totally hopeless, it never runs above 1gb, randomly drops the connection and what i have noticed recently is that it cuts out every time the phone rings.

My dad has spent hours and hours on the phone to BT. They have sent out a couple of engineers who have tested the line changed some filters etc and said its fine, after the engineer has been out the internet will increase to 4/5GB for a few days and then return to below 1 as if they flick a switch because we have complained. And then to rub salt into the woulds they offered by dad compensation, after being on the phone for over an hour that time they offered him £22.

Is there anything we can do as we cant get virgin in our area just now. I believe all other suppliers use BT lines so would it make a difference if we switched to another supplier?

Im not totally clued up about all this but I am fed up of rubbish connection and not being able to use what we are paying for!

Thanks

I'd move as a point of principle.

We had similar problems with Virgin. I suspected that the problem was with the shitty lines and so not really their fault but their customer service was w**k and they didn't really seem interested in sorting the problem so I moved to Sky. It's still a s**t connection but it's better than it was.

350z, Subaru Legacy
You'll keep the Vision box, you get a new router that sits along side your Home Hub. Oh and about 70-80Mb/s :cool:

Clio 172
Speak to OFCOM http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/

I had simialr problems a few years ago battling BT telephone and Sky broadband. OFCOM sorted it within a few days, they are fantastic and have a lot of oomph. they fight on your behalf and are very friendly to talk to.

Give them a call.

Mito Sportiva 135
Get rid mate, they are the worst company I've ever had the mispleasure of having a contract with, absolutely shocking CS.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
See if you can get LLU... We have and this alone scrappin ADSL has been a god-send.

But the In-laws went 1 better. Their ADSL line was so bad (Outskirts of York) they were getting 512KB connections on BB. FTTC came along and it's a 35-40MB party now! Smashes my paltry 9mb into the ground lol.

Thing is - I did the digging and asking for them - Orange / BT were not forth coming with the upgrade.