ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

connecting ps3 to net

none :(
quick question

i know the ps3 as wireless capabilty.

just wondered would the ps3 be able to connect to the router in another room, this router is not wireless though, does that matter, if so what would i need to connect the ps3 to the net from the other room

thanks

i now i need to coonect my question is how, when the router is in another room, do i just need a wireless router or something else

Thanks for advise, im not too clued up on this stuff

When I get wireless router do I plug this into the tower or the router they have in the other room, and would this be done via the ethernet cable

Also it asks me for a ssid code to conrect wirelessly, will this be supplied with the wireless router

a burnt one
A wireless router and a wi-fi PS3 means you will not need wires, all security codes and wep keys will be supplied with the router.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
wep ? is he buying a router from the 60's ? lol

Your wireless router will replace your current router. If your router is near your PC then you should just use an ethernet cable to connect it. You should read the manual of the wireless router you buy and learn how to set up proper security using wpa/wpa2 encryption.

Once you have set that up and given your wireless SSID a nice name, just go onto your PS3 and scan for it. When prompted enter the password that you used when you setup the wireless on the router.

Thanks, so basically the wl router will just replace the router we have now.

hopefully be up and running in no time, how much are the router roughly

a burnt one
Jeezo dude, it's the internet, have a look, Argos, curry's, Dixons, PC World.

There are not many places that don't sell them.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Thanks, so basically the wl router will just replace the router we have now.

hopefully be up and running in no time, how much are the router roughly

Exactly.

If you just need a bog standard network setup then it won't take long, you should just set the wireless network name (called the SSID) and configure the security on the wireless to wpa/wpa2 and set a password for your network.

How to do this will be in the manual for the router.

Costs can vary anywhere from £30 right up to thousands.. but the type you will be looking at will be around £30 - £60