ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Congrats to James Ashton (bigash) on his result at Mallory.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
James's first race today since he rebuilt the car :)

Mallory park, french trophy series class A.

He qualified in first position, and finished second in the first race, that then qualified him for second on the grid in the next race, and he got 2nd in that too :)

Tony Hunter got 3rd in qualifying and also 3rd in both races.

Congrats to both of them, both cars looked great on track.

Hopefully Cup Phil got some pictures as I saw him with the camera out :)

Hahahaaaaaaaaa... some pictures? I have a little over 600 that I need to edit LOL So tired after 3 days of non-stop driving though!

Hopefully find time to edit them tomorrow/monday and get them up - got some brilliant shots as at one point there was barely a hairs width between James Tony and Ian :)

Congratulations James - it's absolutely brilliant after last year to see your car go out, perform well and come back without any issues. Just what a proper race car should do and you built it (mostly) all yourself! Such an achievement

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Well done James, it must be such a rewarding feeling after all the effort (and £s) you've put into the car over the winter. Congratulations - bask in your glory & enjoy it!

Just noticed this thanks Chip :) Thanks guys for all the nice words! Been a long a painful journey but had a great weekend with the car and hopefully look forward to many more like it

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just noticed this thanks Chip :) Thanks guys for all the nice words! Been a long a painful journey but had a great weekend with the car and hopefully look forward to many more like it

Best thing to take away from this weekend has to be that you managed to:
Turn up
Not need to do anything to the car (I know we made that bracket but it wasnt essential and is done now anyway)
Qualify (first!)
Race twice (podium both times)
Still have a working car at the end ready for the next race with just a spanner check

Mission accomplished, its now a useable race car you can develop not a collection of parts that let you down :)

Best thing to take away from this weekend has to be that you managed to:
Turn up
Not need to do anything to the car (I know we made that bracket but it wasnt essential and is done now anyway)
Qualify (first!)
Race twice (podium both times)
Still have a working car at the end ready for the next race with just a spanner check

Mission accomplished, its now a useable race car you can develop not a collection of parts that let you down :)

Well said

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Entertaining race from James, Ian & Tony to be fair. Good effort guys. :)