ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confusing 197/R27

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Spotted this 197/R27 today near the wheat sheaf in sheldon, birmingham

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

It really confused me :S obviously the colour is wrong for a start! i thought it was a Rep at first but having a closer look and getting some pics of it on the snide it had every think of a R27 even brembos and recaro seats but the condition of it was terrible, Royally f***ed alloys, rear diffuser hanging off underneath, the flatted black wing and dodgy side-skirts which leads me to belive its been written off or been in a big accident and been repaired

It must have started out as a black R27, what gives it away is on the rear bumper the decal has black squares in the detail so i take it they must has just masked over that when they resprayed the car to this colour as on mine those squares are LY

The colour was really nice btw looked the business from certain angles!

finished to a high standed that will look mint :D looks like tempest blue

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for HK08 FFH are:

Date of Liability 01 10 2009
Date of First Registration 09 06 2008
Year of Manufacture 2008
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1149CC hopefuly the tce but i cant tell from this :(
CO2 Emissions 137g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval M1
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £66.00
12 Months Rate £120.00

its a rep :rasp: im guessing its been built useing r27 parts irc ive seen salvage ones an bits on ebay although it may have the 2.0 lump an running gear

if you see it again flyer it i want to know more ;)

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S
Impressive...hes obviously bought a donor car. Tis indeed a nice colour! I wonder if hes got the engine in there!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i dont think it is it may be deception that pic would prove its not ;) the wings are only wider on the fronts

197 shell is bespoke with wider rear quarters.

(geek alert)

quarter.jpg

Non RS quarters are flush with the rear lights, RS's have this 'lip' Also, non RS cars have a square filler cap ;)

Mine side by side (crap phone pic)

truckstop.jpg