ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confused

big boost cup
Right my problem is. The cup is supercharged and tbh it spins like mad in 1st&2nd. so i was thinking about uprating the clutch and getting a LSD of some sort. i have just read through the thread on Diffs but it has confused me to hell with which one to get. as for the clutch i will still be using it on the road but the oe one will need changing soon as the car is on 73k.
so the question is what would be the better option.
It gets used to drag race and will be going on a few track days to.
Any ideas?

RS 182 CUP
bit of both mate, google the differences between the types of lsd, youd find quaife is best compromise. it comes std on mk1 focus rs

big boost cup
Fair enough then. what you know about clutches. im in two minds about about a paddle clutch. but i still drive i=on the roads and heard it can be a bit of a pig

RS 182 CUP
had a gt turbo with a paddle clutch, cnut to get used to, a cnut in traffic, but great at getting the power down fast, go for it if youve got a strong left leg! longest i drove mine in 1 go was 3 hrs in the snow stuck in traffic, hence i now have a clio with std clutch!

big boost cup
Well the thing is the group N clutch is good for around 250hp. and i was hoping to up the power at some point too. so are there any independent companies or just the mainstream companies?

Lionel Richie
yeah all of it! any clutch you go for will be a bit of a t**t, helix group N would be my suggestion, the grpA is a bit overkill

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
i used a helix with an oem cover, felt normal but took abuse better than the oem one, with a sc you dont need a mad clutch as it isnt that aggressive with its torque delivery. plus a clutch wont help you get the power down any better unless yours is fooked

big boost cup
Yeah mine is not great think it's the original one still. What's the price of a helix clutch roughly then and where would I source one from