ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confirmed data for Voda release?

Tom and Dan will be along in a minute to tell you that you are stupid and that no one knows when it will be released yada yada yada.

x

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Eeeee i'm interested but I don't think I would use it to it's full potential.

Two contracts, registered interest on both, both due for upgrades in Jan and Feb, guaratee I don't get one til March.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just got my pre order email through!

14th Jan 2010.

Does anyone know if it will have all the shitty voda branding on it?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
For those of you that are interested, I have done a little math.

Voda want £189 for the 16gb 3gs + 30 a months after which gets you:
75 mins
unlimited texts
1GB of web usage (although can be altered AFAIK)

Total cost of this is (Over 18 months): 729

The total cost of buying the phone and going on the cheapest sim only contract with an unltd internet bolt on is: 755.

The best sim only contract I can find is unlimited texts, 500 mins and unlimited internet - 17.50 a month...

Suppose it all depends how many mins you use!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Cant be branded, those tariffs are hilarious.

Anyone who gets one on the 14th is a idiot plain and simple.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Not really Tom. I have had a k800 for 3 years and its on its last legs so need a decent phone pretty bad.

I think I will just buy new from the apple store. If the 4th gen is a big enough leap up to warrent me selling it (which i doubt it will be) then I will.

Sod paying that. And I presume the likelihood of them swaying from those figures is zero. So to get a new iPhone 3GS I'm looking at paying almost double what I'm paying now for the same amount.

Lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Personally I'd wait for the 4th Gen iPhone than start a new 18/24 month contract in January.

It would be nice if o2 match the unlimited calls to the same network addition that Vodafone offer with their tariffs.

Where did you get those prices from, Luke?

This is what I've found..

Picture%2010.png

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hold on, Voda site is being akward. I know I wasn't seeing things as I rang them up to talk about it & how much it would cost to get unltd data on my current sim only contract

Monaco 172
i wonder why they havent sad theyd get it on PAYG yet....thats what i was hoping for so i can flog this n97 to some unsuspecting person!

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
how long do you thinkg 1gb would last on the iphone? 02 offer unlimted internet but have stopped unlimted txt's

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Will say now what i said when the 3GS came out. If your getting an iphone, its better in every way that matters to get it on PAYG and put a simplicity sim in. (if your on O2, vodafone probably do a very similar thing)

Prices below may have changed slightly this was written at the time the 3GS was released:

Pay & Go Iphone 3GS 16gb = £440.40
Simplicity simcard @ £19.58 per month on the 12 month contract gives you 800 minutes + 1600 txts if ordered online. You also get a free bolt on with the simcard, choose Unlimited web bolt on which DOES cover 3G internet despite what some people on here have been saying.

Over 12 months this would amount to:

19.58 x 12 + £440.40 = £675.36

Advantages:

- On this tariff your getting, unlimited internet access, 800 minutes/1600 txts per month.
- You miss out on wifi, however a Pay & Go Iphone comes with 12 months free wifi access. Even with the Simplicity sim in, when you try to connect to a wifi hotspot etc it asks for your mobile number, put in the number of the PAYG sim (even though its not in the phone) and it works, you get free wifi too!
- Works out cheaper overall.
- Your not tied into an 18 month contract, meaning that in 12 months time if Apple release another new iphone, you can get it immediately.
- You could sell the iphone when the new one comes out for what, £200-300? So it could work out effectively costing you about £300 for a years use of an iphone.

Disadvantages:

- You don't get visual voicemail or internet tethering (does anyone actually care?!)

Option 2.

£34.26 18 month contract with Iphone 3GS 16gb which gives you 600 minutes and 500 texts = £184.98 for the phone.

£34.26 x 18 + £184.98 = £801.66

Advantages:

- It includes visual voicemail and internet tethering is available for the additional cost.
- Its less hassle.

Disadvantages.

- Alot less minutes/texts
- More expensive overall (if you did the above for 18 months instead that still only comes to £792.84
- Your tied into an 18 month contract.

For people who don't need loads of txts, an iphone tariff is fine, but i need more than 500 and option one gives me that at a much cheaper price.

I did option one myself, no problems at all.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Thanks for that mate. You have just re-inforced what I am going to do now, appreciate it!

The thing I have got is a vodafone sim which is unltd texts 600 mins and unltd internet for 17.50!

Stupid question - whats wifi and why would you pay for it? I always thought it was just like wireless internet - IE connect it to my own router/mcdonalds router and thats wifi? Never realised you had to pay for it?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Wifi is the cloud/bt wifi hotspots you find in places like mcdonalds etc yes, but i've never needed to use them it depends on your lifestyle i guess.

You don't have to pay to use your own wifi or your mates, girlfriends, neighbours if its unsecured, just if your using ones owned by cloud or bt. I just use 3g or edge or w/e instead, they're pretty fast on the iphone in my experience.

Incase your unsure on what the disadvantages mean by the way.

Internet tethering is using your phone as a router kinda thing.

Visual voicemail is a list of any voicemails and you click on the 1 u want to listen to rather than getting the messaging service and pressing 1 to listen to your message and all that, but is that really something you can't live without lol.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The biggest advantage of all is if they release a new iphone in june/july like they do every year, im not stuck in an 18/24 month contract.

Monaco 172
but as far as i can see...vodafone havent offered it on payg yet...unless that happens after the initial craze for it on vodafone...?