ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Concrete splatter!!

Bumder With A Buffer
Well the other half parked her nice new peugeot at her employers house and they are having some work done on the garden.

I washed it today and notice loads of White spots so asked her if she has parked near any spraying etc...she said she parked near the skip and he was mixing concrete/mortar. So now all over the bonnet on one side is lots of tiny concrete splatter!

Best way to remove I'm guessing would be clay?? I have a polisher anyways and no doubt after claying it will need going over. Just wanted to see if clay would remove it??

Bumder With A Buffer
Anyone??

Google seems to tell me White vinegar will break it down or some form of acid type stuff, watered down of course, will remove it. I'm a bit concerned using acid based stuff on car paint!!

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
After that you'll have to renew the sealant and wax....vinegar will strip it down...

I can only offer the usual thought process Richy, i.e. start with the least harsh option (pressure washer) and move up, so APC, Claying, Tar remover etc etc.

Bumder With A Buffer
El Bumpo!!

"Tried" a lot of stuff 2 weekends ago but wasnt getting much success :(

I experimented with a menz cutting pad and menz plish but wasn't to keen on using that..it did seem to remove a bit of it but as said Im very dubious about using a heavy cutting pad on the body of a car that I dont know paint thickness of.

I think I used some generic orange clay from I4detailing and not sure if that was agressive enough?? I have some Sonus Green clay that I could use. Thoughts??

I'm stumped buddy. Really am. Whatever you use, there is the likely hood of you "chipping" pieces off and moving it around the paint. Buffing, claying etc will do this, not sure what else... :(:S

Bumder With A Buffer
LOL from that bottom site..

The car I bought two and a half years and 25,000 miles later, costing £6100 was given a full valet and Supagard paint sealant - £195.
It looked brand new. Now with just regular valeting its been sold for £3950 using the helpful guide on the website
...and it still looks good as new."

Also whats that about the guy "on loan from Europe"