ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computerised fuel reading

Clio GT 1.6
Driving the GT home yesterday and the computer seemed to reset itself, I usually leave it on the fuel level screen, which went from reading 150 ish to zero. Checked the other screen and they had all reset, mpg was reading 49mpg (so I knew it had cocked up!). As i was driving the fuel gauge rapidly went up to over 200, then slowly counted back down before hovering around 160-170. Started it today to go to work, the reading was at 105 miles, by the time I got to work it was reading 115. The way home it was going up and down between 96 and 105.

I know its a pressurised tank and the reading can be a bit off, but I remember also having this issue in my old clio, after pressing some buttons it fixed itself, whether this was a coincidence Im not sure. The GT however has no buttons to bash so does anyone know how I can settle the reading again?! The petrol gauge at the bottom is steady, its just the computer reading that seems to be having a hissy fit!

Thanks in advance!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Once the readings on the screen have been reset, the range will alter. This is because the range is calculated on the actual fuel level and the MPG that is on the screen. The MPG will constantly be changing after being reset until the vehicle has done enough miles to get an accurate reading.