ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer problems, please help

Clio 1.4 16v
Within the last few days since I have boooted up my PC, it boots up fine runs through windows, but then svchost.exe starts taking up 99% of the CPU, then it freezes, won't do anything.

The only way I can do it is to sit with task manager open and keep killing it every so often when it starts to build up to 99% again.

Done a scan with Norton and everything appears to be ok, anybody else suffered this problem and know how to get rid of it,

thanks, Andy

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
svchost.exe is originally a windows process but is also a cover up file name for certain viruses. google and look for "know locations" for this fraud file

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Have you performed any updates recently? Like B3nje has said, SVCHOST can be a problem, and is in this recent update. There is a hotfix for this and it should be on Microsoft's website.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Whether svchost.exe is a virus/Trojan or a legitimate Windows process depends on the directory location it executes from. Run a scan

RB 182
See how many services it is running by doing this:

1. Click Start on the Windows taskbar, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type CMD, and then press ENTER.
3. Type Tasklist /SVC, and then press ENTER.