ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

computer geek helped needed please :) My screen is all wavey!

www.renparts.co.uk
I have twin screens on the computers work and the left hand side one all the screen just waves very slightly, not too noticable but it drives you crazy after a full day of it! Iv swopped the dual screen graphics cards out of another computer so I don't think its that?

And the right hand screen just makes all the writing massive like it's straight out of windows 97 / a blind persons computer!!

Any suggestions to what might cause it / fix it please?

Someone told me it might be the 2 way radios we use?

also totally not related to the wavey screen, but it told me to update my version of java (which I did) and know when I try to print an address label it just keeps looping back to the java update screen? That in internet exp which I was told to run it on - it sort of works in firefox but is loads easier on exp if anyone can help on that either?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Guy at work had this, turned out his refresh rate was wrong.

www.renparts.co.uk
ermm I have no idea what they are running haha how do I check?
Any suggestions to how to check the refresh rate?

Thanks for your help :)

Racing Blue 182
Hasn't VGA cables got blue connectors with like 18 pins and the DVI with white connectors and loads of pins?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
the waves are probably more due to a poor quality cable. What version of window are you running?

To check screen res + refresh rate on XP, right click on the desktop and select properties. Then click the advanced tab.
To check screen res _ refresh rate on 7, right click and click screen resolution.
You will need to enter the advanced settings on both operating systems to see the refresh rate.

To make the text smaller on the right hand screen, do the above (without going onto the advanced options) and you will see 2 monitors shown on the screen. Click identify, then when you know which represents the right monitor, click on that monitor. Now increase the screen resolution of this monitor to suit your screen.

Monaco 172 Ph2
I remember once when my computer screen went wavey - turned out some bell end had planted a speaker behind the monitor and the magnet distorted it ha ha

Lucky really cos i thought id broke it :dapprove: