ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

compression testing

clio sport 182
wicked nice one they all came out at 185psi,im just a lil confused at why its still burning oil,compression is fine and i know you did the valve stem seals danny so i know there good,anyone any other ideas?

Clio Sport 172 ITB
even though the compression is good you could still have knackered rings. i have 190 over all 4 and still burnt loads of oil!

Clio Sport 172 ITB
the oil is good i think but i was thinking of using the motul 300v oil

do you have black smoke coming out the car when you boot it?? have someone behind you to see how it is

Lionel Richie
if its burning excessive oil have a look at the rear screen after a blast, sounds daft, but it gets coated in an oil residue

black smoke is overfueling

Clio Sport 172 ITB
it had loads of crap over the rear window too. i think it may have been a mix of both. the engine was ill i know that.

Mk2 172
if its burning excessive oil have a look at the rear screen after a blast, sounds daft, but it gets coated in an oil residue

black smoke is overfueling

Thats my car!!! Bck of mine gets hanging after half hour!!!

clio sport 182
well the fueling i know is correct as rs tuning mapped it and my car was running lean now its fine,i use 5 40 oil and the problem is if i down shift or stik my foot to the ground get a cloud of smoke at the back,i cleaned my exhaust tips beofre a 2 hour journey and get to my destination and they look like they have never been cleaned at all,but had various mates following me and have commented on the ammount of smoke dumped out the back when booting it,i have parked my car on the drive for 24 hours and no oil marks have been left so thats telling me no oil leaks,im baffled but lets face it having to top up half a litre every nearly 1000 miles cant be a good sign

fred where are you in brum may pop over to you while im back home from germany lol

Renaultsport Clio 172
Partyboy, we had this similar issue with a mate's 182, the cam cover bolts were loose and that caused the oil inside the cover flowed into one plug hole, and it was the same, when footing down the gas pedal the car smoked a lot, we undid the manifold to give it a look and for a plug changes and when pulling lead off of piston 4 we noticed the hole was filled of oil, this oil was leaking thru the plug causing lots of smoke, we just redo the bolts and it seems to be ok now (some were that loose you could even hand turn them), however, I would also reseal the cam cover if this were your case. Would be worth a try, my mate also thought it could be rings or something internal, and was just a "detail"

Hope this is you case too.

Cheers!!!