ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Component Speakers???

98 Clio 1.2 RN MK2
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could help me?

Ive got a set of component speakers for the front of my car. Ive installed the 5 inch onto the door and now I need to install the tweeters into the dash.
All i want to know is what is the best way to install the tweeters into the dash? Will i need to remove the dash to install them or is there another way to do it? Maybe i can get to them by removing the air vent by the door???

If anyone has first hand experience then it would be great.

Thnx guys :)

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
you can remove the top of the dash. if you pay a fiver, you can read the guide section on how to do it and where the screws are located.

No wheels :(
This info would really help me out as well, considering i have blown up the standard speakers, and now they squeak and vibrate whenever someone is just talking through them e.g. the radio...

Cheers, Sam

98 Clio 1.2 RN MK2
Is removing top of the dash a big job??
This is sumet i wana avoid doing if pos!
If anyone is a full member and has the guide to removing the dash please let give me the info if u dont mind. :D

Milltek'd 182
no its not that big-a job. 20 mins max if you dont know what your doing. incentive to join the club i suppose! just a few torx screws....! pull the two cards off the pillars undo all scews and slowly ease the dash off. do a search you'l probably get your answers as i cant be arsed to go through it all its too late lol

edit: no you cant get to them through the vents. the dash needs to come off. they are also an iso-connector so i dont know if the new tweeters can be directly connected but im sure someone will be able to tell you that.

Last edited:
  megane 225
i done mine last night
took about half hour in total removing dash, wiring new tweeters up and refitting, give me a shout if you need a hand

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
if its the same as my mark1 that took me 5 screws and all of 5 mins to take that dash off. Might be different though.

megane 225
its pretty much the same, pull down the rubber door seals so you can get access to the plastic a-pillars. Pull then out slightly and you will need to press in a clip so they release from the body of the car. Now pull the a-pillars out completly (unlip the ultrasonics if fitted)
Remove the top of the sterring wheel column cover, then the silver strips either side of the dash.
Undo the screws which are below the speedo and rev clocks, then the ones which were under the silver strips.
There are 3 screws hidden within the air vent under the windscreen, one either far side of the vent and one in the middle, undo these and then there is a plastic screw either far side of the dash (above the fuse box) and relevant on the other side.
All you need to do then is pull my friend, and the dash will pull off :)