ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Comp brake kit....any good?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Just wondered if any of you out there are using Shed's big brake kit using the comp brake items?

If so for how long? how does it compare to other big brake kits? and overall opinion, well worth doing?

All replies appreciated.:)

Thank you.

williams 2
Just wondered if any of you out there are using Shed's big brake kit using the comp brake items?

If so for how long? how does it compare to other big brake kits? and overall opinion, well worth doing?

All replies appreciated.:)

Thank you.

contact FMP_ mate he'll sort you out.

Markm has that kit but it took a while to fit at first iirc

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
do a search mate there's loads of replies about this.
nice easy kit to fit (mine was anyway)

After searching for this topic, a few of you who have purchased the Comp Brake kit say the pedal feel is somewhat softer than with the original calipers.

Can't say I'm too keen on this. Has this all been resolved now with either/or bleeding the system and a fair few more miles of usage?

Thanks.:)

first thing is to make sure you get some proper brake hoses made rather than those which come with the kit.

The correct chassis side union and length will make installations 20 million times simpler and faster.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Yeah I did hear the hoses supplied with the kit are too long. Is this the cause of the soft travel? Or is it simply to do with fitting or just the nature of most 4 piston kits in general?

clio 200 F4Rt
Compbrake only have/supply/use one size hose for all thier kits.

which is a shame, as it makes the hose too long for the clio.

182 inside
one of the best kits i've seen and it fits under my 15" track wheels! can't find another 4pot kit that has 295mm discs and fits under 15's.

clio 200 F4Rt
i dont find the pedal softer, i find it has more feel to it. its more progressive.

i guess it does have a longer stroke on it, but then thats the nature of having more pistons to fill!

182 inside
you can feel each corner of the car. and it pulls your face off if you jump on them! Happy with them plus you can fit them using the normal goodridge braided lines. shed motorsport kit is the best on the market in my opinion!

Mk2 172
do a search mate there's loads of replies about this.
nice easy kit to fit (mine was anyway)

After searching for this topic, a few of you who have purchased the Comp Brake kit say the pedal feel is somewhat softer than with the original calipers.

Can't say I'm too keen on this. Has this all been resolved now with either/or bleeding the system and a fair few more miles of usage?

Its because the caliper twists and flexes under pressure. a sign of cheap calipers im afraid!!!! AP racing, brembo or standard. :(

Last edited:
  182 inside
compbrake supply clio cup teams and alot of japanese racing teams. compbrake calipers do not flex more than ap or brembo ones. soft pedal is due to shite bleeding. pressure bleeding gets a firm pedal everytime. I am sick of reading pointless replies to this topic. end of......

THE BRAKES WORK!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sold mine to Alex...All i can say is i hope he got road pads fitted, because the ones i gave him only worked after 20mins!!!

Don'yt get me wrong they worked fcukin well, but i nearly clouted a number of people on cold mornings!

clio 200 F4Rt

Its because the caliper twists and flexes under pressure. a sign of cheap calipers im afraid!!!! AP racing, brembo or standard. :(

tried the compbrakes then? and also compared them to the AP's and Brembo's?

i am sure the AP's are a better product (being monoblock callipers), but then they are over twice the price.

clio 200 F4Rt
Sold mine to Alex...All i can say is i hope he got road pads fitted, because the ones i gave him only worked after 20mins!!!

Don'yt get me wrong they worked fcukin well, but i nearly clouted a number of people on cold mornings!

pad choice will make a difference. The Hawk pads compbrake supply are not the best in my opinion.

But there is a full range available, DS2500's, 1144's etc etc

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Some mixed opinions here. Anyone else using the comp brake kit on here?

all the opinions of it being a good kit are by those that have used it.

the rest of it is usual cliosport BS.

but hey ho! whats new?!?!?!

lol! As above.

Yeh the kit wasn't the best fitment, Lines were cable tied to the strut, but fred's already said above, YS or indeed anyone can make up lines, Providin they have flaring equipment.

The calipers look nice and they're pretty light too! :)