ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Combating Parking Dings

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I normally go for corner spots, slam the wing mirror down and get as close to the kerb as possible. Tuck the mirrors in too.

Lucky I don't have to rely on my own car much though so its a bit easier to pick and choose where I park it.

I normally go for corner spots, slam the wing mirror down and get as close to the kerb as possible. Tuck the mirrors in too.

Lucky I don't have to rely on my own car much though so its a bit easier to pick and choose where I park it.

You should get a clio. Wingmirrors fold both ways, idiot proof :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Be careful where you park, I know it can still happen, but lets say you can be bothered to walk from the back of Waitrose car park rather than having to park at the front, it's usually quieter at that end, = less likely to get dinged !

Static Low
Leave car at home & walk/cycle/bus

Or park near work, but in somewhere safe n reliable & make ur own way from there

There's never any excuse to door another car regardless of cost. The thing is, even high rollers wouldn't do it to a Nova. TBH when you consider that some people will happily run out into the path of an F1 car, it's not so surprising that they they will swing their car door into yours without realising.

The only way you can combat parking dings is to be lucky and cautious. Taking up two spaces is cuntish BTW. Makes you look like a needy prick. Leave the car at home if it's that special.

LY 172
was sat in a tesco car park earlier. just waiting for my mum to grab a few things.

and a brand new Fiesta pulls up along side. Bang. swings his door into my car. i litteraly thought of this tread as it happend. stormed out of my car
and said. kinda rudely tbh. " what the F**K you gona do about that ?" after about 5 minutes of arguing ive happily waled away 30 quid up :p

so hopefully get it pulled out sometime soon.

Quite shocking really. It's not like they even give it a thought. There is literally a thought process missing. They do not care. They don't think about it when they open their door. They don't even notice if it hits another car. They should be killed. It's a wonder they don't forget to breathe.

I remember when I was about 5-6 in the back of my parents Mondeo, even then I made sure I didn't hit other peoples cars when opening the door.

I remember when I was about 5-6 in the back of my parents Mondeo, even then I made sure I didn't hit other peoples cars when opening the door.

That was obviously back in the day when parents brought their children up properly.

GW200 FF
i dread leaving cars in car parks. one of my work colleagues recently had a ding pulled out of his beemer, it looked like geoff capes had two-handed the door open. it was frickin massive. he is a car nut too and was mega pissed, as i would be if it happened to me.

its toddlers and small children than are the worst tbh. jumping out of the car using the door as a swing, it makes me shudder just to see it. The only time i've come close to this i eyeballed mummy through the glass with such a look she took the kid out of the driver side :)

oh and JCC - loving your work here :)
"I also always take up two spaces when I park, anybody who doesn't like it can kiss my hairy Scottish balls."

If i can i'll always park miles away from others. Oddly enough i find that despite having an entire bloody car park to choose from some nugget will invariably pick the space next to you though.

I agree that its basically a lack of respect though. This "its only a car" thing doesn't wash. Would you say "its only a garden" if i curled out a steamer on your front lawn because it was closer than the public bog?

Passat
The 'it's only a 5k Clio' was only referring to the taking up two spaces issue. There's no need for it. I'd agree that toddlers are probably the main offenders for wanging their doors open...but I don't think their mums are any better. Mom's on the school run are some of the worst drivers out there. These are the same people who happily park over zig-zag lines outside the very school their child attends.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
parkingclear.jpg

Park away from others at ALL costs...

Park so no-one can park either side...

If you have to park side by side, park on an end.

Makes me uber nervous and requires extra walking normally lol.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I park on an end, tbh (not gay).

I have been known to park over 2 spaces before too. I know it's cuntish, and I've received plenty scowls about it too, but I paid for my car with my own hard-earned, so don't see why I should have to suffer some t**t in his financed / company car nailing the side of mine because he/she's too fat, lazy and disrespectful of other's property to care. I've got 2 very oddly-placed dings on my drivers-side door to attest to that too :(

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
parkingclear.jpg

Park away from others at ALL costs...

Park so no-one can park either side...

If you have to park side by side, park on an end.

Makes me uber nervous and requires extra walking normally lol.

Freshney Place massive Y0!