ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour of scuttle panel

172 cup
Whos ready for a daft question??
What colour is the scuttle panel on a clio? Is it meant to be black or are they a grey like the front grill?
Mines faded and want to use a dye to restore but don't know if its meant to be black or grey.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Black plastic.

Wash it when you wash the car, dry it, wipe it with isopropyl alcohol then dress it with a trim dressing

image.jpg92_zpsz5ipdxvq.jpg

image.jpg97_zpsrflrtrjx.jpg

172 cup
I've got plasticare black trim dye great stuff. Just need to make sure the trim is black and not grey. Looked into c4 but very mixed reviews and not the cheapest.

I used to use a paint called Bumpercoat for stuff like this, it was cheap and worked well but I don't know if you can still get it.

172 cup
I think you can buy combo treatments now where one is like a restorer/ dye and the other is like a sort of dressing that you add on top periodically to protect the restored finish.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
I've been using Auto Finesse Revive on my trim, provides a brilliant finish unfortunately however it just doesn't last long. I'll be using C4 when I finish my bottle of Revive!

Arctic 182
Sprayed mine matt black from Halfords, looks fresh and standard. Got fed up with how bad it looked once the AF revive wore off.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah revive (bumper gel as I know it from years ago) is good but doesn't last long. Either new trims or a longer lasting product is the only way really. On a plus note the bottle of revive seems to be lasting longer than a long day in work

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I've only ever used Plasticare. That comes from my 205 owning days where the arches and bumpers love to turn grey.
I even used it to dye grey dash plastics black as I couldn't source a decent black dash centre.