ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Quote (opinions?)

Evo 8 MR
I got a quote today from the same place that fitted my K-Tec exhaust called BodyTech as they did a top job, plus a friend recommended them.

Anyway heres what is included in the quote:

- Bumpstrips front and rear
- Side strips
- Exterior door handles
- Rear wiper
- Rear wiper trim thingy
- Side bullets and 1.4 16v lettering
- Engine cover
- Interior dash strips
- Calipers
- Drums

All in he quoted me £250 for the lot and it will take 3 days.

Personally I think thats an amazing price and for the record this is a professional outfit, not Ted in his shed. They can also do alloys so I'll be returning to get them done but not until after FCS unfortunately so I'll be leaving the front and rear diamonds as they are until then as the silver matches the wheels atm.

I'll be posting a thread next week once the work is done, cant wait. :D

Evo 8 MR
Knew it was, I was totally gobsmacked when he told me tbh, too right I got it booked in, next Wednesday. ;)

Just gotta use the traditional method of walking to work and back for the few days my car will be away from home lol.

BG 182 FF
I couldn't believe when mine had been done m8, looks so so much better, u will be smiling and wallet wont be scared either by the looks of it :approve:

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
I live in Southampton...so not to far...will keep this in mind when I decide to get some work done :)

Clio 197
If they do a good job then go for it, but sounds very cheap to me. I was quoted from £200 - £280 to powder coat all four calipers on my 197.

So to get all that done for £250 is very cheap indeed.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
What i was told is that you get what you pay for. I paid more than that for just simple colourcoding but it was a great job.

If its a good job then its win win for you.

Charged Superleggera
you could probs do - Side bullets and 1.4 16v lettering
- Engine cover
- Interior dash strips
- Calipers
- Drums

and save yourself £100

mini cooper s
Sounds like a very good price. I got mine done recently paid over that for less than your getting done, but was a very good job so dont mind paying the money.

Evo 8 MR
What i was told is that you get what you pay for. I paid more than that for just simple colourcoding but it was a great job.

If its a good job then its win win for you.

I'll let you know the end results once it's done, this place comes highly recommended by car enthusiasts in my local area so I have no doubt the finish will be good.

you could probs do - Side bullets and 1.4 16v lettering
- Engine cover
- Interior dash strips
- Calipers
- Drums

and save yourself £100

Could, but I want a professional finish all round and the weather isn't the best for painting on my driveway atm.

good price

but why would you want to colour code your drums and wiper arms? :S

Drums - to hide them.
Wiper arm - to match the little plate that it sits on.

The wiper arm will look cack unless you paint every wiper blade you put on aswell.

Good price, will wait to see what the finished result is like.