ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding average price

non sport
im looking at colour coding and was wondering what the average price was so i know what to expect??

its a 55 plate 1.2 so just the standard strips down the side and strips across the bumpers and the spoiler.

cheers all and happy new yr

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Got quoted £200 for all bumper inserts, both side strips, spoiler and door handles and the bullets in silver.

Never got around to it though, then the car blew up :rasp:

non sport
guted on your car blowin up!!200 dont seem too bad, was hopin itd be a bit cheaper tho if im honest...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Where abouts are you?

Think i have 2 of the 3 front bumper inserts in the garage you could pick up to have a go on if you want, thats if i haven't chucked em away.

Evo 6, E92 320d
yeh but if i do it myself an kak it up it could cost alot more to do it right!!

Shouldn't do, as most of the required prep will be done. I resprayed 2 of my bumpers and made a damn good job, had no experience at the time.

Clio dynamique 1.6 16v
I did mine and did a pretty good job but having seen other clios on this site and the guides on hwo to do it, I spent ALL day yesterday strippin the paint off my side strips and sanding them down to re do them lol.. Im really impatient and thats what affected the finish, they were good but they didnt have a mirror like finish like the actualy car so I have started to re do them and Im going to leave primer, paint and laquer to dry to days between each. Dont rush it or you'll just do what I did. To do the side strips You'll need 1 can of paint, half can of the big primer ones and not half a can of laquer if that. Not got onto front or back yet.. nor door handles..

Clio dynamique 1.6 16v
They'll be done in about 2/3 days now. done primer and all the wet flatting etc, just gotta do the basecoat etc and laquer.

Albi blue 197
i payed 300 for:

full bonnet
full front bumper
front inserts
rear inserts
bullets
side strips
door handles
spoiler
rear of one wing mirror

and they were all smoothed proply so had the same finish as rest of the car no bobbly plastic look! well in