ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour codin

172 sport

just wonderin if anyone knows ov anywhere in da kent area that does colour codin well and 4 a good price.Tryin 2 get da motor lookin da bizz 4 maxpower.

cheers matt

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by matt 1.2 16v on 13 February 2003

just wonderin if anyone knows ov anywhere in da kent area that does colour codin well and 4 a good price.Tryin 2 get da motor lookin da bizz 4 maxpower.

cheers matt
Translation

Does any kind person know of a accident repair centre that could be so kind as to respray the pLAstic parts of my motor vehicle the same colour as the rest of my motor vehicle???? One is attempeing to get ones car looking tip top for a popular magazine called Maximum Power

Thankyou all

Matthew

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 14 February 2003

Ahhhh come on mum jokes are great..... Was all the rage 11 years ago when I was at school

Need i say more!!

fred? tom? eh i thought there was actually a question being asked here looks like that went out the sh*tter didnt it. Is anyone actually gonna answer the poor sods question???

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Sorry Mate

No i dont know try looking in the yellow pages and phoning around.

I was only joking hence the multiple ;) in my post

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yeah aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Dont think there was any need for that "colourful" language PT

No, but seriously mate. I dont know of anywhere in "da Kent" area. All you can do is ask any local body shops if they would have a look at it for you. Its not that involved. It just needs to be done properly if its gonna look any good.

Lionel Richie

Cant handle a joke, f**king hell!!!!! Insulting my mum???? tw*t, what if my mum was dead eh???? Wouldnt be the nicest coment in the world now would it???

MAXPOWER????

PISS OFF YOU BADBOY

GET A BRAIN

If you want to be in Max Power, may i suggest http://www.cruiseboard.co.ukwww.cruiseboard.co.uk they are more angled towards this sort of thing

Before anyone pipes up, yes i do have big wheels, and yes my car is lowered, and yes i have an exhaust, and yes i do have a f**king Bangin Stereo, BUT NO I DONT OWN A BURBERY CAP!!! THIS SITE ISNT AIMED AT BOYRACERS, ITS AIMED AT CLIO ENTHUSIASTS, AND YES I AM A BORING SOD WHO GOES TO CAR PARKS AND TALKS TO OTHER CLIO OWNERS, NO I DONT GO OUT AND RACE EVO 6S!!!!

CALL ME A t**ser, MAKE JOKES ABOUT MY MUM, BUT PLEASE f**k OFF

172 sport

The only worry ive got is after speaking 2 one garage they said because of the texture of the plastic the overall look will be a matt finish.May look abit pants.

Lionel Richie

Without joking this time, you need to get hold of some 172 side stripes (£80) they are smooth plastic. A decent Bodyshop CAN sand down you original ones, but its a time comsuming job and most bodyshops cant be bothered to do it.

BTW i appologise for my piss taking, welcome to the club (an appology for the mum joke would be nice)

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 February 2003

Cant handle a joke, f**king hell!!!!! Insulting my mum???? tw*t, what if my mum was dead eh???? Wouldnt be the nicest coment in the world now would it???

MAXPOWER????

PISS OFF YOU BADBOY

GET A BRAIN

If you want to be in Max Power, may i suggest http://www.cruiseboard.co.ukwww.cruiseboard.co.uk they are more angled towards this sort of thing

Before anyone pipes up, yes i do have big wheels, and yes my car is lowered, and yes i have an exhaust, and yes i do have a f**king Bangin Stereo, BUT NO I DONT OWN A BURBERY CAP!!! THIS SITE ISNT AIMED AT BOYRACERS, ITS AIMED AT CLIO ENTHUSIASTS, AND YES I AM A BORING SOD WHO GOES TO CAR PARKS AND TALKS TO OTHER CLIO OWNERS, NO I DONT GO OUT AND RACE EVO 6S!!!!

CALL ME A t**ser, MAKE JOKES ABOUT MY MUM, BUT PLEASE f**k OFF

Here here

FAO Fred

What do you mean by textured bump strips? I own a 1996 Clio RSi and I was considering having the bump strips colour coded as well as the door handles. What would be involved and would you advise having it done?

I had mine slightly sanded down.

They still look very good though. i know what they mean by the matt finish though but its nothing to worry about. 172 strips would obviously look better but in my opinion not worth the £80 for such a little difference

Lionel Richie

If you run your fingers over the plastic, youll find its a "rough" texture (look really close, youll see tiny little dimples)

You can colour code the std side strips (id advise you get a power sander on them before you take it too the bodyshop)

If the bodyshop is good, then you wont notice!!!

Basically the bodyshop will sand the dimples out as much as they can, then theyll spray on filler primer (to level the surface and create the smooth finish)

The plastic inserts on my front and rear bumpers have been colour coded (originally dimpled plastic) but now they are as smooth as the rest of the bodywork

As long as you go to a decent bodyshop, then i highly recomend doing it, it changes the look of the car

Whats involved with regards colouring the door handles and how much will it cost me, roughly?

Im thinking of having the rear valance and side skirts from the Clio Joker 1 body kit. Can you recommend anyone in the West Midlands area that would do a pukka job of fitting the kit and colour coding?

S2 106 Rallye

Anyone looking to have their side strips colour coded, if your serious about getting a great finish, dont sand them down, save up, buy some replacement 172 items which are totally smooth then spray them at the best place you can find. Thats what I did, turned out a treat!!

Lionel Richie

Nope, a brilliant bodyshop in the west midlands is Birmingham Bodycraft (i use them, they are SO good!!) 0121 436 7833

When I enquired on the sibject of using 172 renault side strips I was told by renault themselves that thats not possible as they are different sizes?

Mine goes in to a bodyshop in Barnet tomorrow when I get it back Wednesday I will let you know how colour coding looks.

Any decent bodyshop use a special filler/primer combo to fill in the gaps thereby giving an almost perfect "smooth" finish.

Good luck

Lionel Richie

noel, that goes to show how much Renault know!!!!! Dickheads!!! they fit straight on!!!!

Ben, Birmingham Bodycraft can do just about anything!!!! (they even offered to mask up the raised 16v part on my side strips and spray the back ground body colour!!! Now thats impressive)