ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour-coded my rear bumper mouldings

2008 Albi 197
After all the sh*t I'm having with my car at the min, cheered me up a bit today when I finally finished painting a set of rear bumper mouldings to replace my black ones, first time I ever tried anything like this but I think it turned out quite well!

bumps-1.jpg

SandedOne.jpg

Primered.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Before:

004.jpg

After:

006.jpg

007.jpg

Pics aren't the best quality sorry! Thanks to FM-696 for his guide, and willynwilson for the tip on getting the b*stard things off the car!

Never above 25mpg
PM R1XPH and tell him how to get them off so I can do his white for him :)

Looks like a really good job!!

White Sti Hatch
Looks better mate, not my cuppa though...

As for removing them your best to get the bumper off to get them out without the threat of scratching the bumper but all that holds them in is 3 clips along the top if i remeber right.

2008 Albi 197
Cheers for the comments!

Held in by 6 clips - 3 top, 3 bottom. I didn't have the time/confidence to take the bumper off, got them out with a screwdriver covered with a soft buffing cloth so no damage to the bumper luckily!

2008 Albi 197
I have a name :rasp:

Great job bud! Spoiler next :)

Cheers Rich, yea spoiler next - I'm kinda looking forward to doing that but dreading it at the same time as I don't wanna f*ck up!

what sort v prep did u do? the usual sand prime paint and lac? im lookin 2 do my 172's rear bumper insert

Yes mate, sanded all the little bobbles off them first, 3 coats of primer I think, then wet sanded till smooth, 4 coats of colour then 3 layers of lacquer when dry. Finished off with a good polish and wax.

I must say I'm well chuffed with how good a colour match it came out with considering it was the first time doing it! Although I musn't take all of the credit as my girlfriend did a lot of the spraying - she is more of a perfectionist than me :rasp: