ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour code or smooth the bumper

clio 1.2 16v
not the greatest photoshop pic ever buy gives you an idea. only used it the once

smooth2.jpg

or colour code the original trim work

6570_121462942672_527722672_2847688.jpg

your opinons please

cheers rob

Get it smoothed! I saw you the other day btw in Bury, was in the Ibiza so you wouldn't have noticed :rasp:

MG ZR 160 VVC
Most will say CC i think, but i'm gonna say smooth it, i think they look good. Especially this one:
e53ea078.jpg

clio 1.2 16v
Get it smoothed! I saw you the other day btw in Bury, was in the Ibiza so you wouldn't have noticed :rasp:

fink am guna smooth it. piece of piss to do it so guna av a crack with it. were on my way to a porsche breakers oin ramsbottom to have a look for some cookie cutters or d90's

fink am guna smooth it. piece of piss to do it so guna av a crack with it. were on my way to a porsche breakers oin ramsbottom to have a look for some cookie cutters or d90's
Went past the Rammy turning though :rasp: where abouts is that breakers?

Go for it with the smoothing man, do the doors too and get some of the replica sideskirts.

clio 1.2 16v
were gonna do the doors but cant afford to get it sprayed cos they wanna do the whole side of the car to blend it in. that breakers yard is at the back of the good samaritans pub

clio 1.2 16v
Most will say CC i think, but i'm gonna say smooth it, i think they look good. Especially this one:
e53ea078.jpg

you were right most said cc. i agree with you n this one mate. really like it not to sure on the shoes though. should i leave the badge or smooth that off aswel

clio 1.2 16v
decided now that the front bumper trims are off now, that i'm going to smooth it, going to be a challenge

I wouldn't be so confident about that mate...

clio 1.2 16v
i'm also having a crack at smoothing the rear bumper to. but for now just going to get the front 1 out of the way. nnot guna rush it all. once this all done, hope to be able to get some pennys to fund the porsche d90's and hub adapters, and have a try at refurbin alloys.

Evo 8 MR
Depends what sort of theme your after, personally I prefer less is more/subtle mods so I would say CC it but if you wanna go for the euro look then do the smoothing, entirely up to you at the end of the day.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
its hard to explaine mate ill go on Photoshop tomorrow and post it up, im thinking about doing it on mine but leaving it grey, as you can buy textured paint

clio 1.2 16v
right the trims are off. so its the choice now to smooth or cc. what do i do. i no what i want do but is it goin to be worth it?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Be different... Trim in gloss black? Against the silver will look good imo.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Euro look means smooth it! But its plastic so as said above isnt the filler not as flexible as the plastic, therefore crack?

If you take it off, smooth it all together, then try to put it back on it will probably crack. You still need to put filler over the top of fiberglass.

That means the flex of the fibreglass is irrelevant because you have to put filler over the top - the fibreglass will just flex and crack the filler that's on top of it. If you're going to do it, smooth it whilst it's on the bumper.