ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour choice for phase 1 172

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
So i am at the stage where i need to decide on the colour of my project, I have had several ideas but these have come and gone, so i thought i would open it up to see if anyone can give me some fresh ideas. So the car will be keeping the yellow touches it previously had (hoses, cage, brakes etc) the wheels will stay satin black and and the interior will be going satin black..

my initial choice was a satin shark skin grey colour,

Picture1-2.png

and then i thought that may be too similar to the silver it already was, and if i was spending the dollar on a re-paint then i may aswell go different, so pretty much decided on Porsche Signal Green, with satin lacquer...

Picture2-1.png

Picture4.png

Picture3-1.png

however after having a good think about this, myself and my painter mate aren't sure satin is a great idea, its hard to look after (unless you buy £300 wax) and could be a problem especially with the carbon pads i am running, so at the moment i am very much undecided on what to go for....here is the car prior to the rebuild....

main.jpg

image2.jpg

so whats your thoughts?
pictures and paint codes would be awesome if possible

TT QS
Greys epic but there's that phase 1 in grey with red wheels which does look awesome but merely because of that I'd say green to be different

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Both the grey and the green look amazing, if it was mine I be painting it Nato green as I bloody love that colour,
and it looks cool as f*ck with satin black accent pieces.

DCI that was on ebay a while back.

$(KGrHqR,!iQE6LCsDS-JBOwn54r(H!~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!hUE6dChSTumBOwn6h8g4w~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!isE69Z-N+qrBOwn6mBHBQ~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!j!E6+9KqgviBOwn6nyFEQ~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!h0E682SRfGWBOwn6wJ4Zw~~60_3.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is it a track car or a show car?

A track car with show car paint will look s**t and vise versa.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Is it a track car or a show car?
A track car with show car paint will look s**t and vise versa.

Its a track car (you know this)
F*ck building it to get mag covers or take to shows, i just want a nice colour, really do like the satin, just the upkeep worries me

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its a track car (you know this)
F*ck building it to get mag covers or take to shows, i just want a nice colour, really do like the satin, just the upkeep worries me

If its a track car who gives a fcuk what the upkeep is???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats why i'm wrapping mine (in a secret colour) so if I do smash it, I can just replace panel, re-wrap it and bobs your monkhouse.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lotus Storm Titanium. My mates just painted his caddy in this colour and looks so much better than it does on a lotus

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Last edited: