ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Color coding door strips

Oyster Card
I've just been paid and I've decided to put a bit of money into my car like wheels etc..
I really like the color of it, think for an old/first car it's quite an appealing colour.

However; the door strips lets it down, they are black and minus the black bits on the color coded bumpers, which I don't mind. it's the only black on the car and I think it ruins it a bit.

I have the exact match in a spray bottle mixed up by Halfords, I was wondering would they look good sprayed and what would I need to do to them to get them ready to spray.

Cheers!

Clio 1.2 16 - 2003
Do them yourself out of a can and they will look shite, they will probably peal off too. Get them done by a body shop who will

smooth
plastic prime
smooth some more
prime
paint
smooth
laquer

then they will look like the body :p

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd do em myself mate now you have the paint .

If they do look crap then take em to a body shop .

Follow the steps wiggz says , you might want to give a rub down after 1st coat of lacquer as well for a smoother finish ,especially if you've got the orange peel effect .

MrBillyUK !

Punto/Clio GTT
Wiggz said:
Do them yourself out of a can and they will look sh*te, they will probably peal off too. Get them done by a body shop who will

smooth
plastic prime
smooth some more
prime
paint
smooth
laquer

then they will look like the body :p

every body shop ive ever worked at goes like..

prep
prime (plastic/2k/celly/aerosol)
scan seal (if nes)
paint
laquer
flat/mop

also as youve got the paint from halfords ide throw it in the bin, youd get a better colour match out of stevie.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Final_Maxim said:
every body shop ive ever worked at goes like..

prep
prime (plastic/2k/celly/aerosol)
scan seal (if nes)
paint
laquer
flat/mop

also as youve got the paint from halfords ide throw it in the bin, youd get a better colour match out of stevie.

Thats probably the correct way in a bodyshop , cleaner environment , proper equipment etc ....
He's working from home and spraying from a can .As i'm sure your aware of , cans don't give the smooth , even finish of a pro bodyshop , they tend to spit paint out in big globules as your spraying , thats why its best to sand in between coats to smooth out the imperfections and give a better final finish .

MrBillyUK !

Punto/Clio GTT
or im reading it wrong, two ways of reading that, no full stop so i thought he was continuing of what a body shop will do