ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Collapsed cat

RENAULT Clio 200
So iv had an rs 200 for about 3 months now and have been experiencing a rattling noise from under the car. From inspection it seems that it’s coming from my front cat and it’s proabrly collapsed. It’s 2012 with 51k miles and the only place to find the part I need (being the manifold and flexi + cat all as one piece) is a Renault dealership and the price is £1300 ? is there an easier solution. The mechanic suggested taking the cats out and just putting a straight pipe on. The car SHOULD be under warranty and is on a finance plan for now so these type of solutions aren’t realistic are they?
Thanks for any and all help

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Just get a de-cat and centre section removed at the same time, it’ll probably cost about £80, job done. The cars out of main dealer warranty anyway, so I wouldn’t worry.

Clio 197
If it's the first cat, the cheapest and simplest method of repair is just to break it up even more and hoover up the insides. It will still pass the MOT emissions test with one cat.

RENAULT Clio 200
If it's the first cat, the cheapest and simplest method of repair is just to break it up even more and hoover up the insides. It will still pass the MOT emissions test with one cat.
That could be a good way around it for now.