ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold StartUP... engine struggling :(

Clio 182
My friend ask me to post it here:
Hi mates.

Got a bit of a developing problem on my RS200 and wanted to ask you guys if anyone of you had the same problem. I cannot pinpoint out the cause of it because it has only done it 2 times. So here it is -> when I start the car after 8h of standing it runs really jurky. It idles really bad for a couple of moments. When i put some gas, it starts running perfectly. :huh:

All I can remember is that both times the petrol was low but then again not that low that I'd say it has anything to do with it. When the problem accoured the first time I turned the car off and the outside temperature was around 30°C. When I turned the car on after 8h and the problem showed itself for the first time it was around 15°C outside. Don't really know if this has something to do with it.

My Clio now has 22k km on the clock. At 5k km I changed the t/b - warranty. That was it. I let the car warm up before I have a blast and let it cool down to before I turn it off.

I found a video on the internet of a Clio GT which has the same problem but more frequently umm it's there everytime the owner starts the car and the engine is cold :eek:hmy: my research didn't bring any results. Afaik the owner of the Clio GT took the car to many dealers/mechanics and no one could find out what caused this problem

Last edited by a moderator: