ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold starting

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
woken up the last couple of mornings and its been well cold.
been getting in the car going to turn engine on and nothing.
i turn the key the whole way but only the ignition goes on, no attempt to start the engine, do it a couple of times and eventually it works.
as soon as the engine tryes to start though its got no probs starts as normal, any ideals what this could be as its really annoying

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
is there anyway i could test this? did it again this morning,
thermomitor said it was -3 degrees so pritty nippy really

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
if i got a cover for the baterie like audi's etc have would that help a little by keeping the batterie insulated?

megane 285 sport
could be battery, check the immobiliser light on the clocks does it flash differently to when you turn the key and it start, it should flash faster when you put the key in to say the code reader around the barrel is reading the key, if carrys on flashing as it would when it standing then it isnt reading the key, but it maybe the battery as said before